• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why does Kerwin Bell hate offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I understand the sentiment behind this line of thinking, but in reality, it's ********.I never played on a losing team in my entire life until my freshman year of college. At the end of the season, we didn't quite suck, but we weren't good. It never occurred to me to half-ass it. The team was going to lose, but I wasn't going to be a "loser." My coach didn't need to teach me how to win. Practice is practice. That's their time to develop, absolutely. But between the lines, you either man up, have a little self-respect, or you actually are a "loser." If there are guys on the line who aren't blocking because its not worth it, those players are "losers." No coach is going to come in and teach them how not to be "losers." They might become better football players under a new coach, but they're still "losers." 

I’m talking about the people defending people they know will never get the ball; I think you played baseball and the shift exists because sometimes you don’t have to put as much effort in the ball going certain places with KB as our OC that place is called the WRs hands. No one is going to continue to play balls out on defense when you know there is no chance that anyone is going to do anything of note, you should save your efforts for an actual offense next week.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m talking about the people defending people they know will never get the ball; I think you played baseball and the shift exists because sometimes you don’t have to put as much effort in the ball going certain places with KB as our OC that place is called the WRs hands. No one is going to continue to play balls out on defense when you know there is no chance that anyone is going to do anything of note, you should save your efforts for an actual offense next week.

I still don't agree. If you're  getting your ass beat right now, you're A) not good enough to be on the field due to bad recruiting, B) not good enough due to poor development, or C) a loser. A and B aren't the player's fault. A new coach can can't fix A at this point. A new coach might be able to add a little on the margins to B. If you fall into the C category. That's just who you are. I don't know where our players fall, but cutting them slack for giving a ******** effort isn't my cup of tea.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Dude.  Your KB venom is getting tiresome.  Why don’t you channel all that hate to the guy who had the vision and foresight to hire him thinking he would work.  KB is just running his offense that has worked at every level he’s coached.  He wanted a promotion and took it.   I blame Chuckles for hiring him.  The buck starts and ends with Chuckles.

This is such crap. Everyone wanted Gilbert gone. Nobody said it was the head coach’s fault for hiring him. CCS hires him to run the offense and he did - he ran it into the ground 

Just now, JTrue said:

I still don't agree. If you're  getting your ass beat right now, you're A) not good enough to be on the field due to bad recruiting, B) not good enough due to poor development, or C) a loser. A and B aren't the player's fault. A new coach can can't fix A at this point. A new coach might be able to add a little on the margins to B. If you fall into the C category. That's just who you are.

But no one facing KBs offense that’s in the FBS level is getting their ass beat; you literally can stand still as a CB because there is a 95% chance that you can defend what’s not going to happen by laying down on the field and making snow angels. 

Just now, jjlovecub said:

This is such crap. Everyone wanted Gilbert gone. Nobody said it was the head coach’s fault for hiring him. CCS hires him to run the offense and he did - he ran it into the ground 

I miss Gilbert if he were here over KB at the very least we beat a Georgia Tech that will not beat another team the entire season.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

But no one facing KBs offense that’s in the FBS level is getting their ass beat; you literally can stand still as a CB because there is a 95% chance that you can defend what’s not going to happen by laying down on the field and making snow angels. 

My bad. I jumped in in the middle of the thread. I read your post as saying OUR team wasn't giving any effort due to the **** show on offense. You're saying the other teams are half-assing it because we suck. Carry on.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

My bad. I jumped in in the middle of the thread. I read your post as saying OUR team wasn't giving any effort due to the **** show on offense. You're saying the other teams are half-assing it because we suck. Carry on.

I’m actually more of a try hard when I’m competing in something than the majority of people I’ve ever played against but there come a certain point where you just naturally can’t try as hard as you would against real competition; our offense is the reason mercy rules were invented.

Last season we beat Illinois; this season we would not have scored on Wisconsin if we had played 100 quarters against them and they just lost to Illinois. KB is the death of offense and yet we still have people on here defending his embarrassing of our program, sad.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Can we blame KB for McCloud not hitting wide open receivers...directly no.  But we can blame him for not getting McCloud out of game sooner...when it was obvious the kid was not anywhere close good enough to play today. 

Just now, Bulls On Parade said:

Can we blame KB for McCloud not hitting wide open receivers...directly no.  But we can blame him for not getting McCloud out of game sooner...when it was obvious the kid was not anywhere close good enough to play today. 

What about when Blake was QB and the only thing holding back KB was CCS forcing him to not use the Mobile QB that his offense required? KBs offense is the only thing holding back our offense and it’s about 7 games past time to deal with that problem.