• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

California Governor signs law ; pay for play.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I have one of those joke degrees from USF as well.

Same here; amazingly it's made me a **** ton of money

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,262
  • Days Won:  25

If you thought college football was already unbalanced wait until this happens.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

The list of people who believe that they need to take my money and give it to someone who they believe is unfairly held down by The Man is growing everyday.  I gotta tell you, there's not as much here as you think!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

20 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

The list of people who believe that they need to take my money and give it to someone who they believe is unfairly held down by The Man is growing everyday.  I gotta tell you, there's not as much here as you think!

I didn't go to college, that's my fault.

I didn't go to college because they wouldn't let me even walk on the field. Did not work for the railroad. Didn't work for the post office. Didn't work for the electric company. Wasn't even allowed to be a truck driver. All because when I was three years old I lost an eye in an accident. All because THE MAN said so.

YES, I believe there should be a way to help those less fortunate if they're working as best they can.

BTW, I've also never collected unemployment. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Days Won:  12

The number of universities that can afford to pay players, title 9 provisions included, all in ie including scholarships, is probably less than 20. Were talking the notre dames and ohio states of the world. If this continues all of college sports is done for as we know it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, hm101 said:

If this continues all of college sports is done for as we know it.

This really is the main point, if you are for paying players than you are for the end of College football.  The liberal over reach will eventually end most of what we love anyways so not shocking that college football is on the chopping block.  If it goes we will find something else to be passionate about, not losing sleep over it, the way this team struggles it may be a welcome reprieve.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

23 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I didn't go to college, that's my fault.

I didn't go to college because they wouldn't let me even walk on the field. Did not work for the railroad. Didn't work for the post office. Didn't work for the electric company. Wasn't even allowed to be a truck driver. All because when I was three years old I lost an eye in an accident. All because THE MAN said so.

YES, I believe there should be a way to help those less fortunate if they're working as best they can.

BTW, I've also never collected unemployment. 

Man, you ran full speed in the wrong direction with my point.  Our stories are similar.  I'm also disabled.  I have been recognized by United Way for my fundraising.  I would just like to help people voluntarily and not have a bunch of hands in my pocket.  It is an arrogance to know better how to spend others' money.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

11 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Man, you ran full speed in the wrong direction with my point.  Our stories are similar.  I'm also disabled.  I have been recognized by United Way for my fundraising.  I would just like to help people voluntarily and not have a bunch of hands in my pocket.  It is an arrogance to know better how to spend others' money.

I see his point though. He bleeds Green and Gold and not everyone had to go to USF to matter.

We've all made our bones and continue to make our bones for USF.

Love both you guys; just a misunderstanding 

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

36 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

This really is the main point, if you are for paying players than you are for the end of College football.  The liberal over reach will eventually end most of what we love anyways so not shocking that college football is on the chopping block.  If it goes we will find something else to be passionate about, not losing sleep over it, the way this team struggles it may be a welcome reprieve.

Well said! The pussyfication of America is what keeps growing. Will go back to watching professional sports as at least all the players are getting paid not just the select few