• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

California Governor signs law ; pay for play.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

Based on what?

Speculation, of course. Just like your opinions. Did you really need that written out? I guess I overestimated, sorry. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

15 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Dead serious.  The student/athletes are amateurs and should remain so.   

Ask not what your team can do for you, ask what you can do for your team.

Most people dont think universities should pay players. But there isnt another industry I can think of that restricts ones ability to make money outside of their current job. Why cant players make a YouTube channel or do a commercial? 

Saying they are currently amateurs isnt an arguement by the way. You need a reason to believe things should stay the way they are. And I currently dont understand why people are hell bent on not letting players participate in free market capitalism like everybody else does? 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Most people dont think universities should pay players. But there isnt another industry I can think of that restricts ones ability to make money outside of their current job. Why cant players make a YouTube channel or do a commercial? 

Saying they are currently amateurs isnt an arguement by the way. You need a reason to believe things should stay the way they are. And I currently dont understand why people are hell bent on not letting players participate in free market capitalism like everybody else does

that's what I don't get

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

29 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Saying they are currently amateurs isnt an arguement by the way. You need a reason to believe things should stay the way they are. And I currently dont understand why people are hell bent on not letting players participate in free market capitalism like everybody else does? 

The argument is pretty simple. They represent the university. 

Let them do endorsements as long as they don’t appear along side the university logos.

But don’t be surprised when Booster Bob Publishing LLC gives players large sums for copy right of a player’s finger paintings. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, Gismo said:

The argument is pretty simple. They represent the university. 

Let them do endorsements as long as they don’t appear along side the university logos.

But don’t be surprised when Booster Bob Publishing LLC gives players large sums for copy right of the a player’s finger paintings. 

No doubt Booster Bob will do that too. Corruption already happens all across college football, this isnt news to anybody. But the only time some of us care is when players might benefit. Why is that? 

And yes, I agree they shouldn't be profiting off their status as a university player. No profits from team based events. But on their own terms? Go for it, son

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

On 10/2/2019 at 11:01 AM, Bull94 said:

based on the lack of revenues for the NFL...........oh wait never mind.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/12/nfl-rams-revenue-record-split-2018-season/

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

On 10/2/2019 at 12:56 PM, WhoRUSF said:

We’ve already been through this about amateur athletes, the Olympics.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think this could help USF. There's only so many marketing opportunities out there for college players. Would they rather be a guy who is an also ran at a big program or be the man at USF and get all the endorsement perks? A starting QB will have a more opportunities than a back up QB at say South Carolina. Also being in a large city compared to a college town helps that as well. Imagine what Flowers could have been made off of endorsements and Jersey sales, Marlon Mack too. Also for many of these kids this money could help their families. I think this could end up being a good for G5 schools. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

12 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

I think this could help USF. There's only so many marketing opportunities out there for college players. Would they rather be a guy who is an also ran at a big program or be the man at USF and get all the endorsement perks? A starting QB will have a more opportunities than a back up QB at say South Carolina. Also being in a large city compared to a college town helps that as well. Imagine what Flowers could have been made off of endorsements and Jersey sales, Marlon Mack too. Also for many of these kids this money could help their families. I think this could end up being a good for G5 schools. 

very good points.