• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What needs to happen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Gilbert's offense averaged less than 20 ppg to close out last season. I'm not giving Bell a pass. It was awful all the way around. Ultimately the responsibility lies with the head coach though. Gatorbull clearly is a huge Strong fan because he has talked him up every step of the way and always has excuses to deflect blame away from Strong. He is blaming this loss on Bell. Yes Bell had a hand in it but our defense gave up 49 points and 6.3 yards per play. Ultimately it is Strong who is responsible for the W and L's. That's why he gets paid $2.5M per year.

Preach

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Gilbert's offense averaged less than 20 ppg to close out last season. I'm not giving Bell a pass. It was awful all the way around. Ultimately the responsibility lies with the head coach though. Gatorbull clearly is a huge Strong fan because he has talked him up every step of the way and always has excuses to deflect blame away from Strong. He is blaming this loss on Bell. Yes Bell had a hand in it but our defense gave up 49 points and 6.3 yards per play. Ultimately it is Strong who is responsible for the W and L's. That's why he gets paid $2.5M per year.

That we lost isn’t KB’s fault and there is absolutely nothing that he could have done that would have led to a victory but that we did absolutely nothing on offense is entirely his fault. The L is on ccs, the worst offensive performance I can remember doesn’t bode well for KB being anyone’s saving grace.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That we lost isn’t KB’s fault and there is absolutely nothing that he could have done that would have led to a victory but that we did absolutely nothing on offense is entirely his fault. The L is on ccs, the worst offensive performance I can remember doesn’t bode well for KB being anyone’s saving grace.

completely agree on Bell concerning the offense (1/3 of team). I don't think we need to hand over the program to him either. I was just responding to gatorbull where he laid all the blame for the loss on Bell. he never seems to place blame where it truly belongs. this team played sloppy uninspired football long before Bell got here.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull94 said:

completely agree on Bell concerning the offense (1/3 of team). I don't think we need to hand over the program to him either. I was just responding to gatorbull where he laid all the blame for the loss on Bell. he never seems to place blame where it truly belongs. this team played sloppy uninspired football long before Bell got here.

I have lofty expectations for people put in high positions and being paid well, but I don’t know how anyone could have expected KB to hang 50 on Wisconsin in his debut, now crossing the 50 a few times....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have lofty expectations for people put in high positions and being paid well

I used to.  Until I realized that incompetence is equally distributed in society.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We might win a few games with Blake at QB but that is it. He is not the answer.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, puc86 said:
6 hours ago, raptorcj said:

KB looked a lot like CWT did in the McNeese game--stunned, frustrated, disgusted, beaten. I'll agree he's the one that takes the main responsibility for the goose egg, but just like the McNeese game, we had a MAJOR problem in execution out there. It turned around okay for us with CWT (who brings a Boise St chuckle...), so let's take a deep breath and let KB & CCS try to find some motivation for our guys. I hope they'll find some for me too...;)

So your best hope is 2.5 years of losing as we try over and over to make something work that won’t and then on the cusp of being shown the door a complete 180 in systems just so we can have one decent year and the coach jumps at the first chance to head out? 

Nope. My hope is that KB's "something" WILL work, and that he can get the kids motivated enough to execute it.

It was humbling to say the least, but extrapolating our future from that game is really not a fair take. That said, if I knew we'd get back to the strength we had in CWT's last year (and the first with CCS, talent-wise), then yeah I'd probably be willing to invest a couple of years in the learning process. Problem is, most people have probably already decided not to invest any more in even THIS year. Pity, the team needs support now more than ever.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

Our USF BULLS have one thing in common when we are good: a dual threat QB. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Problem is, most people have probably already decided not to invest any more in even THIS year. Pity, the team needs support now more than ever.

Yea I dont think that's fair...that was a tough defense.  I want to see how season plays out...we can only get better.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yea I dont think that's fair...that was a tough defense.  I want to see how season plays out...we can only get better.

We "should" get better. We "could" remain as impotent as what we saw Friday night.