• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

What needs to happen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Sort of like "...but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid”?

Pretty much. If you are the one deciding who plays and what plays they preform but they just can’t execute them it’s your job to figure out what plays someone on your team can preform and try to make an adjustment here or there. Bell unequivocally **** the bed and he needs to do something that demonstrates he is more than his current reign as the single worst position coach in all of FBS football (as brought to you by math). I know that it’s hard to digest for all of us that the offense this week was 100% his fault because there was a giant hype train regarding his d 2 prowess but it’s time to #doanything.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Blake Barnett had the single worst qbr rating in all of college football and was one of only 3 QBs to manage single digits. Bell is his boss, Bell picked all the players on the field, Bell provided all of the training, Bell provided the road map for failure, and Bell forged ahead with his failing plan for the length of the game but sure let’s assume Bell will pull it all together because he once had a winning season in Pop Warner and promote him. We have one thing so far to judge Bell on and it was the absolute worst in all of college football, you can’t do worse than zero points and the worst ranked QB and people want to promote the guy. Is there a chance he can pull it together? Sure but there is nothing anyone has seen to draw that conclusion and if you were put in as the OCS and only lined up in victory formation the entire game you would have the exact same results as what Bell has shown us to date.

It was only one game, brother.  Back when I was young and had testosterone 😁, I was yelling at the TV because some idiot coach took out my Bledsoe and put some unknown named Brady into the game.  I didn't have a large enough sample size of Brady's performance but judged the coach to be far less adept than I.

Of course, the only people who would give KB a contract for the HC job right now are the "Extenders", and that's not a male enhancement product.  Those are the people that may see a glimmer of adequacy from someone and desperately want to rope that person in for years.  They have had their influence in a past contract or two.

I see people fuzzily straggling in from the ledge.  Let's get ready for another game, another tailgate, and what I truly believe - a victory at GT.

Just now, Grateful Dad said:

It was only one game, brother.  Back when I was young and had testosterone 😁, I was yelling at the TV because some idiot coach took out my Bledsoe and put some unknown named Brady into the game.  I didn't have a large enough sample size of Brady's performance but judged the coach to be far less adept than I.

Of course, the only people who would give KB a contract for the HC job right now are the "Extenders", and that's not a male enhancement product.  Those are the people that may see a glimmer of adequacy from someone and desperately want to rope that person in for years.  They have had their influence in a past contract or two.

I see people fuzzily straggling in from the ledge.  Let's get ready for another game, another tailgate, and what I truly believe - a victory at GT.

I don’t think we can garner all we need to know about Bell from one game but I do know that there wasn’t even a single glimmer and it’s the worst OC performance in all of FBS football. He is 100 in charge of the offense and he needs to own it and he needs to fix it. That anyone would look at his first game and pretend to see something that would make him a viable option for promoting makes me shocked at how far we are able to lower the bar for our program almost weekly. Next thing you know people will be calling for making UCF a rival.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  10

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t think we can garner all we need to know about Bell from one game but I do know that there wasn’t even a single glimmer and it’s the worst OC performance in all of FBS football. He is 100 in charge of the offense and he needs to own it and he needs to fix it. That anyone would look at his first game and pretend to see something that would make him a viable option for promoting makes me shocked at how far we are able to lower the bar for our program almost weekly. Next thing you know people will be calling for making UCF a rival.

Keep in mind that some people are gifted with an additional orifice with which to express their thoughts.

Edited by Grateful Dad

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

KB looked a lot like CWT did in the McNeese game--stunned, frustrated, disgusted, beaten. I'll agree he's the one that takes the main responsibility for the goose egg, but just like the McNeese game, we had a MAJOR problem in execution out there. It turned around okay for us with CWT (who brings a Boise St chuckle...), so let's take a deep breath and let KB & CCS try to find some motivation for our guys. I hope they'll find some for me too...;)

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

KB looked a lot like CWT did in the McNeese game--stunned, frustrated, disgusted, beaten. I'll agree he's the one that takes the main responsibility for the goose egg, but just like the McNeese game, we had a MAJOR problem in execution out there. It turned around okay for us with CWT (who brings a Boise St chuckle...), so let's take a deep breath and let KB & CCS try to find some motivation for our guys. I hope they'll find some for me too...;)

BOOM! This is exactly my problem. 

KB looked stunned, frustrated, disgusted, beaten. he's the one that takes the main responsibility for the goose egg, but we had a MAJOR problem in execution out there.

This entire coaching staff, top to bottom, failed completely.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

What this program needs is a head football coach that actually coaches football.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

What this program needs is a head football coach that actually coaches football.

Crazy concept but just might work.

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

So your best hope is 2.5 years of losing as we try over and over to make something work that won’t and then on the cusp of being shown the door a complete 180 in systems just so we can have one decent year and the coach jumps at the first chance to head out? When it comes to pay days it seemed to work out for CWT but when it comes to doing anything for us it seemed like a lot more frustration and pleads for patience than it did payoff. 

24 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Burn the witch :angrymob:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

10 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

Blame Strong that is fine. But Gilbert’s offense was still good for points as bad as it was. Bell HAS to take some of the blame for that lack of performance 

Gilbert's offense averaged less than 20 ppg to close out last season. I'm not giving Bell a pass. It was awful all the way around. Ultimately the responsibility lies with the head coach though. Gatorbull clearly is a huge Strong fan because he has talked him up every step of the way and always has excuses to deflect blame away from Strong. He is blaming this loss on Bell. Yes Bell had a hand in it but our defense gave up 49 points and 6.3 yards per play. Ultimately it is Strong who is responsible for the W and L's. That's why he gets paid $2.5M per year.

• Upvote 1