• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watched replay of the game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Maybe Barnett is just a good practice QB who performs differently in games? 

Seems to be the case. He cant handle more than one read in a game...think its time for McCloud.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, bullsonparade said:

Blakes comment of "we have so many options kept ringing in my head last night"  He kept waiting for the long route...I thought Bell's head was going to explode...

Yeah, I thought the offense would look a little more creative like the Gulf Coast offense. But it instead looked like cookie cutter passing routes. And what happened to our ability to run? Our rushing was pathetic. The whole offense was pathetic except I’ll give a nod to the pass protection. Barnett didn’t get pressured as much as I expected. 

It seems good passes were dropped, or open guys missed. The offense really needs a lot of work. I’m not sure where to start. I don’t think Barnett reads the defenses well, seems to wait a long time before deciding what to do with the ball.

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, bullsonparade said:

Bell was livid...he took Blake aside every series asking him what was going through his head...he isn't going to put up with it...if he continues to make the same mistakes in the first half of next week, he will move on to McCloud...

Your lips to god’s ears...

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Gismo said:

Maybe Barnett is just a good practice QB who performs differently in games? 

I’ve read that book before Matt Floyd I think it was 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Azmodi said:

I was all for the "Play fast and Score faster" mantra until I knew what it truly meant. Play fast and give the ball to the other team so they can score faster. :facepalm:

I was watching the clock tick down many plays.  Didn't see play fast and obviously didn't score at all.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe a "Think Fast" QB is needed before we can get to the "Play Fast" and "Score Fast" part?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, bullsonparade said:

I watched a replay of the game last night...yes, I actually did that and came away with a few thoughts:

Please seek help. I know a lot of great physicians in USF psychiatry.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, bullsonparade said:

Bell was livid...he took Blake aside every series asking him what was going through his head...he isn't going to put up with it...if he continues to make the same mistakes in the first half of next week, he will move on to McCloud...

There was at least one Bell-Blake stare down in the game. I was getting vibes of what happened with Coach Blue. It didn't look like a great relationship at times.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Biggest issue last night on offense was the OL. They opened zero holes for RBs and the DEs of Wisconsin we’re getting to the QB as fast as he dropped back. Now some of it was due to a good Defense from Wisconsin but if this is how our OL will provide protection to our QBs, then a mobile QB is a must because he is going to be running for his life.

After that our QB needs to be quicker at releasing the ball and our WRs MUST hold on to the ball.They dropped early passes that just killed any chances at keeping us in the game.

on Defense I thought we were better than last year but not really ready to match up vs a power running team and a runner like Taylor. We couldn’t stop that which made the QB throws easy.

The GT game will tell us if this team has the heart and the coaching to at least make a bowl game.

Finally this University needs to step up as well as alumni and community. If we really want to compete we need to start on that IPF NOW and expect more from our coaches.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Days Won:  3

I just rewatched the game with a clear head as well.

Blaming Barnett is not the solution. Had his receivers actually caught the ball that hit them in their hands we would've crossed midfield within the first offensive series.

The receivers are a wayyyyy bigger issue than Barnett is and its not even close.

• Upvote 2