• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watched replay of the game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

9 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Which is funny considering the reports from camp was like he was the second. Comming of Joe Montana.

He really is a slightly better Matt Floyd. Looks good in practice maybe but in games different guy. 

**** that is savage.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

6 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

My gut says it is somewhere in between.  Which means we are somewhere around .500.....which imo would be a dissapointment.

I think if they could find how to really win a game and get that attitude back it would be a good thing.  Remember all the last second wins I believe were that they had that mojo left over from the previous era.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Hoping this isn't like Willie's first season, when we were waiting for the offense to click, which never happened throughout that season.

Well, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. Going into the game we were reported to be strong on heart, but we clearly didn't have much--confidence tanked pretty quickly. It takes time and good execution in a game situation to build back up, so I'm breaking out the generator and my dry food supplies 'cause hurricane Wisconsin just knocked the power out!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

For other sado-masochists:

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was wondering the same thing. If starts out bad hopefully he will be given the hook quickly. 

I really expected him to get the hook in the 3rd quarter at least.  At that point, what was there to lose?

I mean, his receivers sucked.  Two big plays early on the pass was on the money and the receivers dropped them.   Both INTs were passes that should have been caught.  But why not change the tempo with McCloud and see what happens?

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I really expected him to get the hook in the 3rd quarter at least.  At that point, what was there to lose?

I mean, his receivers sucked.  Two big plays early on the pass was on the money and the receivers dropped them.   Both INTs were passes that should have been caught.  But why not change the tempo with McCloud and see what happens?

Those dropped /tipped passes by the receivers were terrible and critical in the 1st half.

That just cant contine.  Was this just one if those games?  First game jitters?  

Or are these receivers just not as good as we thought.

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I think if they could find how to really win a game and get that attitude back it would be a good thing.  Remember all the last second wins I believe were that they had that mojo left over from the previous era.

Last years 7-0 start was smoke and mirrors.  We could see the losses eventually coming.

This was a come shellacking in every single aspect of the game.  If we had played repectively I would be ok with that.

I know Whisky is good.....but this showing raises alarm bells for me.  That said its only Game 1.  Ill keep my hand close but off the panic button for now.

Next week should tell us alot more.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

I was thinking the same, but apparently the staff plans on sticking with him as the starter, and wanted to get him as many reps as possible.

I mean, his receivers sucked.  Two big plays early on the pass was on the money and the receivers dropped them.   Both INTs were passes that should have been caught

The Philips drop was the worst. McDoom torched that DB, but Blake underthrew him. Still should have made that catch though. I thought the INTs were slightly off target, but I'd have to see a replay.

The receivers weren't the biggest problem though. We couldn't run, Blake was often off target, and we couldn't pass block. There were at least a couple times where Blake wasn't on the same page as the receivers....I remember a pass he threw where the ball sailed over the receiver's head before he even turned around for the ball. If we can't get the running game going, McCloud have see some playing time out of necessity.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

15 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

My optimistic side this team is the best we will face this year.  And we were simply outplayed by bigger stronger team and this was an anomoly.  And wont be indicative of the rest of our schedule.  And we will continue to get better as the season moves on and we we win our fair share.

The pessimistic side says that this is just the beginning of a lost season and the bottom is going to fall out.

My gut says it is somewhere in between.  Which means we are somewhere around .500.....which imo would be a dissapointment.

If we're going to poop the bed, and we did, this was the game to do it in. Last year 7-5(6) would have felt entirely different if the streak was reversed.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

If we're going to poop the bed, and we did, this was the game to do it in. Last year 7-5(6) would have felt entirely different if the streak was reversed.

And thats my hope.  This was one of the worst possible teams to start the season for us because of their style.

Its not the loss itself that so much cocerns me.....its more the way we were completely outclassed, seemingly unprepared, and couldnt execute ANYTHING worth a ****.

Even if we lose next week, i need to see more than a little improvement. Or the panic button will come out.