• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watched replay of the game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

I wouldn’t even call it a read as he locked on to one receiver 

Which is funny considering the reports from camp was like he was the second. Comming of Joe Montana.

He really is a slightly better Matt Floyd. Looks good in practice maybe but in games different guy. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Bulls On Parade said:

Which is funny considering the reports from camp was like he was the second. Comming of Joe Montana.

He really is a slightly better Matt Floyd. Looks good in practice maybe but in games different guy. 

I Don’t know how we are supposed to do timed routes with his long wind up. It kills any rhythm 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I Don’t know how we are supposed to do timed routes with his long wind up. It kills any rhythm 

What it might be is in his head. In practice he cant be sacked...so sure he is comfortable.  In the game a little contact and he falls apart. Plus the long wind up isnt helping..

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

10 hours ago, bullsonparade said:

Bell was livid...he took Blake aside every series asking him what was going through his head...he isn't going to put up with it...if he continues to make the same mistakes in the first half of next week, he will move on to McCloud...

If Bell was really that livid, why didn't he sit him?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

If Bell was really that livid, why didn't he sit him?

I was wondering the same thing. If starts out bad hopefully he will be given the hook quickly. 

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, bullsonparade said:

Blakes comment of "we have so many options" kept ringing in my head last night He kept waiting for the long route...I thought Bell's head was going to explode...

It seemed every time he came off the field Bell was saying “Why did you do that?” Or “What were you thinking”, both in a “wtf” tone

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

2 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

I wouldn’t even call it a read as he locked on to one receiver 

I’ll admit I haven’t rewatched the game but it seemed he didn’t go through the progressions at all...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

13 hours ago, bullsonparade said:

Blakes comment of "we have so many options" kept ringing in my head last night He kept waiting for the long route...I thought Bell's head was going to explode...

Seemed to me that the vast majority of the time, the WRs were blanketed. Guys just weren't getting open. Running lanes were never open anywhere. The entire offensive system looked like garbage to me. Hoping this isn't like Willie's first season, when we were waiting for the offense to click, which never happened throughout that season.

Guest Jonesy Bull

My optimistic side this team is the best we will face this year.  And we were simply outplayed by bigger stronger team and this was an anomoly.  And wont be indicative of the rest of our schedule.  And we will continue to get better as the season moves on and we we win our fair share.

The pessimistic side says that this is just the beginning of a lost season and the bottom is going to fall out.

My gut says it is somewhere in between.  Which means we are somewhere around .500.....which imo would be a dissapointment.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Bell’s offense will work when he gets the right QB and WRs and those players may not be on campus yet.  This offense is a blend of the fun n gun and spread running concepts.  The QB needs to be smart and process info quickly, size and arm strength not as important.  When Spurrier took over at Florida his first QB was Shane Mathews, a skinny kid from MS buried on depth chart, but he had the necessary skills to make this offense go.  Look at Danny Wuerffel, he had a weak arm with one of the funkiest deliveries I’ve seen, but it worked.  That’s why we’re seeing a lot of QBs being recruited and a lot of PWOs taken.  Bell also said something interesting in camp.  He felt his WRs at Valdosta state were faster than the WRs here.

And we need better OL as well....

• Upvote 1