• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Start McCloud!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

Do I wish we had a QB that didn't get rattled no matter how many dropped passes, no yards runs or missed blocks leading to pressure and sacks? Yes.

Have I ever seen one?  No.

Until we get better at every position I am not ready to lay the blame at the feet of one position.   I just hope BB puts that game in his mental disposal and doesn't let one bad game beat us twice.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Another over-reaction thread.  Jesus, how many is that now?

You must be new here.  

5 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

You don't start McLeod after 1 game, against arguably the toughest team we are going to play this year.  There is a reason that Blake got the #1 snaps in practice.

I don't think GT will be tougher than Wisconsin.  And did you see our defense the other night?  Swiss cheese.  I could probably move the ball as a QB against our defense.  

Barnett's making the same mistakes he made last year, he can't read a defense, he has no escapability,  he offers nothing to this football team other than 5-star hype.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Do I wish we had a QB that didn't get rattled no matter how many dropped passes, no yards runs or missed blocks leading to pressure and sacks? Yes.

Have I ever seen one?  No.

Until we get better at every position I am not ready to lay the blame at the feet of one position.   I just hope BB puts that game in his mental disposal and doesn't let one bad game beat us twice.

So, wouldn't it make sense to get a more mobile QB in there, if that doesn't get fixed? I get what you're saying, that mess on Friday was definitely a team effort, but that OL doesn't look like it will be sufficient anytime soon. Not sure Charlie can afford to spare the season waiting for that unit to gel.

Edited by USFBulls727
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439

5 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

So, wouldn't it make sense to get a more mobile QB in there, if that doesn't get fixed? I get what you're saying, that mess on Friday was definitely a team effort, but that OL doesn't look like it will be sufficient anytime soon. Not sure Charlie can afford to spare the season waiting for that unit to gel.

And I get what you are saying, however, I am not certain that a QB change fixes anything in short order just because one is arguably more mobile than the other.  Even with Flowers it took some time (I wasn't sold on him until I was)

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

1 minute ago, SilverBull said:

And I get what you are saying, however, I am not certain that a QB change fixes anything in short order just because one is arguably more mobile than the other.  Even with Flowers it took some time (I wasn't sold on him until I was)

....but from Charlie's standpoint, there might not be a ton of time for him to wait for that OL to improve to give the less mobile Barnett time. If this was year one for Charlie, it might make more sense to wait through Blake and the OL's struggles, but he might be feeling the heat at this point in his tenure. He's at 7 consecutive losses. Time is not on his side right now. Maybe McCloud can improvise and make something out of nothing on occasion, which sure would have come in handy Friday night. I'm all for Blake getting the start at GT, but things need to get fixed quickly for Charlie. He may need to try McCloud out of desperation. He knows Kelly (and the fanbase) won't put up with this forever.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

All I way say is Bell isn't going to watch Blake continue to make the same mistakes much longer...he's not the type of coach that will put up with it....

Agree and disagree with MikeG ... I'm over getting pissed at CCS, he is what he is, and what he is not is a player on the field.  The one player I have an issue with right now is Barnett.  I hope he can turn it around but I'm doubtful ... the things he can't do can't really be taught or overcome by coaching.  

Hopefully he is able to do more of the things he CAN do against Tech this weekend and the Bulls can get a win.

As a fan though, whether or not I focus on next week's opponent is immaterial and irrelevant to anything the Bulls do.  It's the players job's to focus on the next opponent.  It's the fan's job and prerogative to focus on whatever they want to focus on.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Isn't Blake Barnett's record as a starter here really good? I'm frankly disappointed at how stupid some of you are to dismiss him as trash after one game. Nobody was doubting him before this week. Not one of you. The dude has done good things at USF. Get over yourselves. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Isn't Blake Barnett's record as a starter here really good? I'm frankly disappointed at how stupid some of you are to dismiss him as trash after one game. Nobody was doubting him before this week. Not one of you. The dude has done good things at USF. Get over yourselves. 

Hey Mr. Barnett, I can't really see his W-L record at the moment, but he had a 61.1% passer rating in 2018, 12 TDs to 11 picks.  I was definitely doubting him before this week, even though I wanted to be wrong. 

I stand by my belief that, while I'm sure he's a good guy, he's not the QB USF needs right now.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

61.1% completions.