• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Start McCloud!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

29 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Our OL isn’t ideal,

Quite the understatement 

but he’s not doing himself any favors either. He consistently missed hot reads, didn’t go through his progressions quickly,

I'm not sure how you can definitely know any of this. It's also really hard to go through progressions when your under fire almost immediately he really only has time to go through about 2 and then he was getting hit. I know it seems easy, but its not. 

and consistently bounced out of the pocket into a free rusher. 

What pocket?

BB is the guy for GT. You give him 4 quarters to figure it out. If improvements aren’t shown, give McCloud the ball for SC State 

Hes probably the guy for the foreseeable future because it would be a disservice the McCloud to throw him in the fire 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/31/2019 at 2:09 AM, Blackice12 said:

Starting McCloud would exacerbate the problem. The challenge is the offenses need to establish it's identity and constantly changing people will make it difficult to figure out what is not working. Tonight both tackles were beaten badly. 

I have to agree. McCloud was mostly playing against 2nd string defense. Also after this season we lose Barnett and best to not burn out McCloud early. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Nick Carroll said:

I have to agree. McCloud was mostly playing against 2nd string defense. Also after this season we lose Barnett and best to not burn out McCloud early. 

I don’t know why you would worry about burnout. CCS is a stellar recruiter and gets lots of transfers. Clearly things will work themselves out 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

Barnett played against those same second teamers that McCloud did at one point...how many freshman in college football start these days?  It's not just the elite teams that you see on ESPN every week...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

53 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Go take a look at the film for yourself. I can only attach one photo, but here’s a snapshot of what you’ll find - 

996BF065-12B5-4184-98B4-499EE75E51FD.thumb.jpeg.c524904e2152d60bf2bb71079eafcb39.jpeg

6 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Go take a look at the film for yourself. I can only attach one photo, but here’s a snapshot of what you’ll find - 

996BF065-12B5-4184-98B4-499EE75E51FD.thumb.jpeg.c524904e2152d60bf2bb71079eafcb39.jpeg

How about if you want to prove a point break down the film yourself and give me more than one photo. It shows nothing. Maybe that receiver is his first read and he got the look he was told to take. i can't really see the safeties but hes got the inside route on the corner. Which is my point, you don't have the playbook, you arent in the offensive meetings, you don't know what he is supposed to see and take on a given play. you get the luxury of seeing the whole field every play, he doesn't. 

here ill give you the link 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Nick Carroll said:

This makes no sense...there is no such thing as burn out in college...they get four years and that's it...put him now to get the experience for more success next year (assuming Blake violation the bed again...)

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

14 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

You do realize that the left tackle on this play was facing his QB which is never a good thing. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

7 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

You do realize that the left tackle on this play was facing his QB which is never a good thing. 

Where is the DE? 

21 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

How about if you want to prove a point break down the film yourself and give me more than one photo. It shows nothing. Maybe that receiver is his first read and he got the look he was told to take. i can't really see the safeties but hes got the inside route on the corner. Which is my point, you don't have the playbook, you arent in the offensive meetings, you don't know what he is supposed to see and take on a given play. you get the luxury of seeing the whole field every play, he doesn't. 

here ill give you the link 

Lol. How do you think I got that screenshot? I’ve watched it. You can have your opinion, that’s fine. But these are the same issues that showed up last year. 

Heres to hoping everything clicks against GT

13 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Where is the DE? 

Lol. How do you think I got that screenshot? I’ve watched it. You can have your opinion, that’s fine. But these are the same issues that showed up last year. 

Heres to hoping everything clicks against GT

You're right, it is the same issues. poor blocking and catching, there's no way for anyone on this board to know anything outside of that. i'm glad you can cherry pick one play that shows some of your point but even it doesnt show the full story of that play. So unless you can provide some notes from the last QB meeting, you have shown nothing. 

As for the DE, he more than likely slipped, if you would like to give me a time stamp of that play ill break it down for you. 

Edited by BrassBulls12