• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Start McCloud!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

13 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

61.1% completions. 

Yep, you're right.  I sit corrected.  I'll stick with just saying that Barnett just doesn't pass my eye test.  Subjective yes, but again, I'll stand by it.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

You must be new here.  

I don't think GT will be tougher than Wisconsin.  And did you see our defense the other night?  Swiss cheese.  I could probably move the ball as a QB against our defense.  

Barnett's making the same mistakes he made last year, he can't read a defense, he has no escapability,  he offers nothing to this football team other than 5-star hype.  

I meant that Wisconsin was likely the best team we will face this year, not GT.

Yes, I agree, the entire team looked pathetic including the Defense. It was tough to watch.

I still don't think its the right thing to do to pull the starting QB after 1 game (against a Top 20 opponent in the first week of a new offensive system).  Maybe if he continues to digress, then the Coaches make that tough call, but after 1 game.  Since he was our #1 QB going in and he got most of the snaps in practice, you let it play out at least a little bit longer.  How long that window of opportunity is I don't know, that's why they pay the Coaches the big bucks.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:
1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

61.1% completions. 

Yep, you're right.  I sit corrected.  I'll stick with just saying that Barnett just doesn't pass my eye test.  Subjective yes, but again, I'll stand by it.  

By watching, he's a good passer (really has a heck of an arm)...when he's not pressing. Stat includes all the many drops we had last year and looks like we're continuing that tradition this year. Anyone see the one zing'd pass to Wilcox on the sideline? Wilcox tried but was like a HS player staring at his first 100mph fast-ball. Not sure he even got fingers on it before it was past him.

I dunno, he just doesn't seem to have a feel for the evolving game--it's a head thing to me, maybe he still just thinks too much--this is like his 8th offense to learn (or something crazy like that). He has shown some heart, skill, attitude, leadership--sometimes--but he needs that QF quality of being able to forget junk and get the team to move on. I really root for the kid. If he figured this stuff out, he could have snaps at the next-level. From the minute they gave him the 5-star tag and started him at 'bama, he's had a LOT to prove and maybe that's got a lot to do with it.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

By watching, he's a good passer (really has a heck of an arm)...when he's not pressing. Stat includes all the many drops we had last year and looks like we're continuing that tradition this year. Anyone see the one zing'd pass to Wilcox on the sideline? Wilcox tried but was like a HS player staring at his first 100mph fast-ball. Not sure he even got fingers on it before it was past him.

I dunno, he just doesn't seem to have a feel for the evolving game--it's a head thing to me, maybe he still just thinks too much--this is like his 8th offense to learn (or something crazy like that). He has shown some heart, skill, attitude, leadership--sometimes--but he needs that QF quality of being able to forget junk and get the team to move on. I really root for the kid. If he figured this stuff out, he could have snaps at the next-level. From the minute they gave him the 5-star tag and started him at 'bama, he's had a LOT to prove and maybe that's got a lot to do with it.

I can't argue with anything you said here, but more than a few of the offenses he's had to learn, as well as gaining some crucial skills and experience he currently doesn't have, he's to blame for it.  He should have stuck it out at Bama or ASU. 

I'm rooting for him when it's game time, but at this point, his OJT doesn't really help out USF.  There's just not a lot of time left for BB to learn what he needs to to help USF or himself before college is over.  

I'm done, for now.  Bring on Tech and let's see how it goes.  

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Do not start McCloud unless you really want to lose. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

Isn't Blake Barnett's record as a starter here really good? I'm frankly disappointed at how stupid some of you are to dismiss him as trash after one game. Nobody was doubting him before this week. Not one of you. The dude has done good things at USF. Get over yourselves. 

I saw the Sam issues I have with Blake when we started undefeated last year. I mentioned them then, my opinion certainly isn't changing now.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

15 hours ago, 206BULL said:

I saw the Sam issues I have with Blake when we started undefeated last year. I mentioned them then, my opinion certainly isn't changing now.

and the blocking and receiving corps were just as bad last Friday night  as they were last year if not worse. So you're right nothing has changed but you still can't say its Blake. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Anyone have video of McCloud's series?

Someone posted a video of the game in one of the threads...sorry...the offense ran a lot smoother in that series, I'll say that 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

and the blocking and receiving corps were just as bad last Friday night  as they were last year if not worse. So you're right nothing has changed but you still can't say its Blake. 

Our OL isn’t ideal, but he’s not doing himself any favors either. He consistently missed hot reads, didn’t go through his progressions quickly, and consistently bounced out of the pocket into a free rusher. 

BB is the guy for GT. You give him 4 quarters to figure it out. If improvements aren’t shown, give McCloud the ball for SC State