• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whisky: AP #19/CP #17

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

4 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I actually was smart this time.  I booked a flight so I get in earlier.  Normally leaving here I always get there either late or in the heart of rush hour.  Flying out early tues morning, if all goes well I'll be in Tampa at 2:50 pm.  

Safe flight.

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Safe flight.

Appreciate it 

:04-rock:

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

On 8/19/2019 at 7:37 PM, USFBulls727 said:

Wonder why they are ranked at all? They are coming off a mediocre season, and have a few new pieces on the OL and at QB. 

Scott Frost finished with 5 wins last year, yet Nebraska is ranked and in discussion of having a 10 win season. At least Wisconsin had a winning record and a bowl win last year. As for these other teams, Im not sure how they determine preaseason rankings. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

59 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Scott Frost finished with 5 wins last year, yet Nebraska is ranked and in discussion of having a 10 win season. At least Wisconsin had a winning record and a bowl win last year. As for these other teams, Im not sure how they determine preaseason rankings. 

Because he is Scoff F'n Frost.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

As for these other teams, Im not sure how they determine preaseason rankings. 

image.thumb.png.48d5fb69d75927842c0dea1e2bf6649c.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If you had to bet on Scott Frost or CCS, which would you pick? Better yet, who wins more games this year, Nebraska or USF?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

If you had to bet on Scott Frost or CCS, which would you pick? Better yet, who wins more games this year, Nebraska or USF?

Frost. It's not close, in a short time he has shown to be the better coach. 

Outside the 2017 season Strongs looked  bad since last year at Louisville. 

And I could have coached the 17 team to 8+ wins. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

USF, not even close. Nebraska is overated this year. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

I can see the disrespect angle, but anyone looking for the Badgers to be unprepared is going to be disappointed.

Last year was a disaster for our program. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. It started before fall camp when we lost both our starting DE's (in a 3 man line) to training injuries. Then we lost our NFL WR, our only true difference maker on the outside and a team leader, to a criminal trial that was widely understood to be flimsy at best. That really cast a pall over the team and we never got our mojo back. BYU was the eye opener. We hadn't lost to a non-Power 5 team since 2001. Key defenders kept getting hurt, our QB got concussed twice and we lost to our biggest rival for the first time in 15 years. The preseason expectations were the polar opposite of how the season went on the field.

Last season sucked. One of the worst since 2001.

People around the team this year can already tell that the vibe is different. Because of all the injuries last year (and the new redshirt rules) a ton of young guys got on the field and they are rearing to go. We should have improved QB play this season and to top it all off we got back our star WR who everyone had assumed was gone for good.  To me that is everything. Cephus gives this team a huge boost both on the field and in the locker room. He gives them a cause and a personality to rally around.

I think there is suddenly a lot of impetuous to set last season right and shoot for some of those goals that everyone thought we could reach last year.  They are going to come out ready to set the tone and prove that last season's debacle was merely a fluke.  They aren't looking past anyone this year, that lesson was learned the hard way. 

USF is going to see a squad determined to inflict its will on you. The Badgers want to line it up and test who is tougher, who wants it more, who has put the time in. They are going to motion to the run side and say come and stop it if you can. I for one can't wait to see how it all plays out. Is USF going to be able to hold up at the point of attack? Do the Badgers have enough of a pass rush this year to disrupt your timing or are the Bulls going to be able to sit back there and pick them apart? Can UW finally diversify the O a bit and utilize all of their weapons or is the QB going to be a limiting factor yet again?

As a Badger fan, this feels like a special year on tap, kind of like 2016 or 2010. We will find out on Friday if USF can end it before it starts.  I obviously have my doubts but I'm hardly an unbiased source.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,869
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, JohnKester59 said:

I can see the disrespect angle, but anyone looking for the Badgers to be unprepared is going to be disappointed.

Last year was a disaster for our program. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. It started before fall camp when we lost both our starting DE's (in a 3 man line) to training injuries. Then we lost our NFL WR, our only true difference maker on the outside and a team leader, to a criminal trial that was widely understood to be flimsy at best. That really cast a pall over the team and we never got our mojo back. BYU was the eye opener. We hadn't lost to a non-Power 5 team since 2001. Key defenders kept getting hurt, our QB got concussed twice and we lost to our biggest rival for the first time in 15 years. The preseason expectations were the polar opposite of how the season went on the field.

Last season sucked. One of the worst since 2001.

People around the team this year can already tell that the vibe is different. Because of all the injuries last year (and the new redshirt rules) a ton of young guys got on the field and they are rearing to go. We should have improved QB play this season and to top it all off we got back our star WR who everyone had assumed was gone for good.  To me that is everything. Cephus gives this team a huge boost both on the field and in the locker room. He gives them a cause and a personality to rally around.

I think there is suddenly a lot of impetuous to set last season right and shoot for some of those goals that everyone thought we could reach last year.  They are going to come out ready to set the tone and prove that last season's debacle was merely a fluke.  They aren't looking past anyone this year, that lesson was learned the hard way. 

USF is going to see a squad determined to inflict its will on you. The Badgers want to line it up and test who is tougher, who wants it more, who has put the time in. They are going to motion to the run side and say come and stop it if you can. I for one can't wait to see how it all plays out. Is USF going to be able to hold up at the point of attack? Do the Badgers have enough of a pass rush this year to disrupt your timing or are the Bulls going to be able to sit back there and pick them apart? Can UW finally diversify the O a bit and utilize all of their weapons or is the QB going to be a limiting factor yet again?

As a Badger fan, this feels like a special year on tap, kind of like 2016 or 2010. We will find out on Friday if USF can end it before it starts.  I obviously have my doubts but I'm hardly an unbiased source.

You are the quintessential homer, much like everyone on this board including me, we historically suk against the power teams and the run but feel we filled some glaring holes through the transfer portal and experience.  We have never been able to sit back and pick anyone apart, only hope is to give our QB enough time to distribute the ball to our many weapons.  UW may be surprised early with the speed and I hope the physicality does not wear us down late.  The one thing that probably is for certain is neither team is as good as we think they are.