• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whisky: AP #19/CP #17

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

The black hole for ranked teams has returned to Tampa Bay.  Wisconsin is about to become part of USF history.  We're going to win.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, Calibull said:

The black hole for ranked teams has returned to Tampa Bay.  Wisconsin is about to become part of USF history.  We're going to win.

Let's also not forget that BYU beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin last year. Too many people view Jonathan Taylor as some sort of unstoppable, next level god. At the end of the day we are playing the same game as Wisconsin, and they are not at some unfathomably higher level than we are. The sooner folks stop viewing Wisconsin as some sort of boogeyman, the better.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, Vivadiscordia said:

Let's also not forget that BYU beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin last year. Too many people view Jonathan Taylor as some sort of unstoppable, next level god. At the end of the day we are playing the same game as Wisconsin, and they are not at some unfathomably higher level than we are. The sooner folks stop viewing Wisconsin as some sort of boogeyman, the better.  

Wisconsin is not the boogeyman, their style historically against us is. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

This game is pretty much a toss up in my mind.

Scoring TD's in the Redzone vs. Field Goal Attempts will be the key to this game (on both sides of the ball).  I think both Offenses will have get their chances against these Defenses.  The team that makes the offensive possessions count for TDs and not FG Attempts.....should win the game.

I know that is a very obvious, simplistic view.  But, it really is the key I believe.

7 hours ago, Vivadiscordia said:

Indeed

7 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Eventually every kid overcomes their fear of the boogyman.  This team may be the one to end a lot of things for us.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

If we do lose, it sucks that we start off 0-1.. I like the feeling of building unrealistic hype throughout the season. I guess it's easier to have dreams crushed at the beginning to better manage expectations. #JustWinTheConference

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

If we do lose, it sucks that we start off 0-1.. I like the feeling of building unrealistic hype throughout the season. I guess it's easier to have dreams crushed at the beginning to better manage expectations. #JustWinTheConference

Of course we could lose and still go 11-1..🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This game is pretty much a toss up in my mind.

Scoring TD's in the Redzone vs. Field Goal Attempts will be the key to this game (on both sides of the ball).  I think both Offenses will have get their chances against these Defenses.  The team that makes the offensive possessions count for TDs and not FG Attempts.....should win the game.

I know that is a very obvious, simplistic view.  But, it really is the key I believe.

Sometimes, it just comes down to execution. Like, I don't know, just as a ridiculous example, knocking down a 4th and 24 pass or making a tackle on a kickoff.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

I just think they'll overlook us.  They've not followed our offseason and the only thing they know about the team is what they saw last season.  The offense is completely different and the defense has filled some big wholes from last season.  I think this is a big time trap game for them... 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, Calibull said:

I just think they'll overlook us.  They've not followed our offseason and the only thing they know about the team is what they saw last season.  The offense is completely different and the defense has filled some big wholes from last season.  I think this is a big time trap game for them... 

I'm sure their coaches paid no attention to us.  Come on.  You know better than that. They probably know we have a new OC. They probably watched film of his former team.  They're a preseason Top 20 team and don't want to screw it up against a non P5 team.  Not saying we can't beat them but to say they'll not be prepared?