• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Merryl Lynch Logo is dead

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I know this sounds incredibly obvious but why doesn't Joe Hice run his ideas by the actual "Marketing" faculty before he makes any decisions? It appears Joe wanted to talk about the logo some more yesterday. 

I am not sure why he would think it would be good PR to bring this Logo Issue back up and explain himself but apparently he believes 4 months is plenty long enough to stay quiet about one of the largest failures on his watch. Apparently his ego got the better of him. 

I wonder if he reached out to those "influencers" prior to actually doing his little PowerPoint presentation yesterday. I tend to doubt it. The funniest thing learned from the Q&A is that they actually did reach out to Merrill Lynch for their input so it clearly wasn't lost on them that they just copy and pasted their logo. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2019/09/20/usf-marketing-director-offers-up-a-cautionary-tale.html

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/9/19/20875042/joe-hices-latest-comments-show-how-little-he-gets-it

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Hice didn't do his job. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Classic non-apology apology and non-admittance of error admittance of error. He's going to his deathbed claiming the logo was more liked than disliked. He must not have been in Judy's state of the U address where it was unveiled to stunned silence until Judy said "Well, do you love it?" and the audience dutifully clapped.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

14 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Classic non-apology apology and non-admittance of error admittance of error. He's going to his deathbed claiming the logo was more liked than disliked. He must not have been in Judy's state of the U address where it was unveiled to stunned silence until Judy said "Well, do you love it?" and the audience dutifully clapped.

That must have been a very awkward moment.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

That must have been a very awkward moment.

I was watching remotely and wasn't in the auditorium, but even remotely you could feel the horror in the auditorium. Campus lit up with WTF? conversation the next few days.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

Who were the “student leaders” who liked the logo in the focus groups? 

Barf. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I really haven't paid much attention to this guy. I remember the desk video that was weird. I am starting to really not like him, which isn't a good thing if you are in marketing. 

Is this really this guy's twitter feed? https://twitter.com/hiceschool?lang=en

What is up with that picture? Who is he trying to be....Dracula...a member of Sha Na Na? 

Joe Hice

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

lol the confused audience was not sure if they were supposed to laugh, clap, or cry lol. I would have thought it was USF playing a joke. Or thought Meryl Lynch was donated billions to USF lol

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Related image

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Hmm, still saw that logo on the flags posted on the fence of the Medical school a couple weeks ago. Guess they haven't gotten around to removing them yet.