• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Merryl Lynch Logo is dead

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Pretty sure there are other universities that have different logos for those different sides ...... and I don't think there was anything wrong with USF's different two logos before the ML fiasco.

For the longest time, almost every school had different logos. A lot have adopted the athletic one for both lately, but most still have different ones. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Contest winner sure okay--temporary honor for a t-shirt or weekend seminar print, but not for branding. It was horrible, good riddance. Italics Jack Links :iconic_u_black: lives on!

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,111
  • Days Won:  56

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Pretty sure there are other universities that have different logos for those different sides ...... and I don't think there was anything wrong with USF's different two logos before the ML fiasco.

Uh, yes, there are many universities with different logos for both sides. My point is that it almost seems like colleges have adopted the idea that there must be different brands for academics and athletics. There is no real reason why that must be the case - beyond academic snobbery, more often than not.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

22 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Uh, yes, there are many universities with different logos for both sides. My point is that it almost seems like colleges have adopted the idea that there must be different brands for academics and athletics. There is no real reason why that must be the case - beyond academic snobbery, more often than not.

My bad, I thought that you were talking USF specific ....... but I still don't see a problem with two different logos. As far as academic snobbery goes, universities should be academics first so don't see a problem with wanting to have the two different identities.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

For the longest time, almost every school had different logos. A lot have adopted the athletic one for both lately, but most still have different ones. 

I think one logo makes more sense. 

I think the academics like a nice more sophisticated logo to put on their power point slides at conferences. And also letter head. That’s really all I can think of for having two. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

I think one logo makes more sense. 

I think the academics like a nice more sophisticated logo to put on their power point slides at conferences. And also letter head. That’s really all I can think of for having two. 

Politics 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

The old academic logo was awesome. Not sure why we needed to change it and put adopt a catchphrase to put down tradition.  I know what they meant by that (probably comparing USF to other colleges), but still.  We have our own tradition to be proud of.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

The old academic logo was awesome. Not sure why we needed to change it and put adopt a catchphrase to put down tradition.  I know what they meant by that (probably comparing USF to other colleges), but still.  We have our own tradition to be proud of.

We still have that logo

right?

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, Gismo said:

We still have that logo

right?

I hope!  I haven't checked in since all the chaos.

The seal, that’s what I like. 

• Upvote 1