• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Uconn - It’s Gameday Baby!!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,455
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

Thankfully this team will virtually be in tact for the next couple of seasons.

There is so much promise out there right now and this team is getting major contributions from Sophomores and Freshmen.

One thing this team does have in relation to the 2012 team is the toughness needed to win games within the conference. It should be no surprise since Coach Heath and Coach Gregory are from the Tom Izzo coaching tree.

I agree with everything. This team is scrappy and reminds me a lot of the 2012 team. Hopefully get get to the Post Season (CBI or NIT) this year and make a run at the tourney next year. These guys have a shot to be special. But 2012 still has the edge as far as I am concerned.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

Obviously, I enjoyed last night. My seats are front row, center court, behind the benches. 

I got under Hurley's skin once. He yelled out a bad word, so I gave him the business about this being a family event, and he needs to watch his mouth, kids are here, and his behavior is unacceptable. He spent a good 30 seconds mumbling something back to me about how it was ok for him to use bad words. I was really surprised he let me impact him like that. 

Another fun thing I do, is when the refs make a bad call, they have to look at the official scorer to make the call, often I am right behind her in line of sight of the ref making the call, so I start doing the hand signals for the call he should have made, and I know he sees me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

41 minutes ago, Brad said:

When Durr realizes the gifts he has gets into gear, possibilities magnify. 

He has so much potential. 

When he adds so more muscles to his frame he will be a monster.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439

19 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Are you selling him your seats?

Unbolted them and taking seats back to Springfield to commemorate greatest win in the history of basketball ever!

--- Ghost of James Naismith 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, bullman3 said:

They need to put the students back on the sidelines.  Maybe even behind the benches like they used to do.  Death row had a lot of fun behind the visitors bench.

**** that was a blast. I remember throwing every insult imaginable. The players had to take their chairs and meet at center court during time outs. A student today would probably be expelled....

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Loving this team's heart. I hope they stay gritty down the conference stretch. It's a long road...Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

If they can just make free throws for 40 minutes, we'll be in a ton of games.  First time in a long time excited for MBB.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

I love that John Lewis the bomb account rep is also a fan. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So glad you mentioned this. You could see it on tv. Towards the end when Q traveled one of the Uconn fans got right in his face. It really pissed me off. I could see the guy at the end of the game as the final few seconds were down on that part of the floor...I waved bye-bye and called him a name...doubt if he heard me from New Hampshire though. Glad you brought this up with the V.P. though.

Discussed it with Lelo Prado who is somewhere under the VPofA.  VPofA didn't arrive until the 2nd half of the game. Right from the airport I was told.

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Great point. Only 8 assists on 21 fgs. If it wasn't for Rideau driving the lane in the first half, this game would have been out of reach. I get the sense that it was always the game plan for him and Collins to be aggressive and physical and Collins was just unfortunate to pick up the two quick fouls.  The way we played through that adversity was exceptional. Even Castenada was aggressive off the dribble at times and was able to get to the FT line.

One thing that is a little bit concerning is that Durr seems lost out there. He really doesn't seem to fit into what we are trying to do offensively. I know he is just a freshman and that big men can take more time to develop, but we will really need him to contribute against long, athletic opponents like Cincy and the 7'6'' behemoth Tacko Fall and UCF.  

Speaking of the Knights, Tacko is shooting an abysmal 27.7% from the foul line this season. I hope we employ a Tackle Tacko approach when we play them, at least until he shows he can get his free throws to Fall. 

UConn doesn't play a center so this wasn't a good match up for him.  Coach said he'd be playing small quite a bit.  But his hands are starting to remind me of Jordan OMG.  Okay, not that bad.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I agree with everything. This team is scrappy and reminds me a lot of the 2012 team. Hopefully get get to the Post Season (CBI or NIT) this year and make a run at the tourney next year. These guys have a shot to be special. But 2012 still has the edge as far as I am concerned.

The 2012 team will have the edge until another one has a better run ....... but I certainly that as much more of a possibility than I did several years ago.

• Upvote 1