• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Uconn - It’s Gameday Baby!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

24 pages of Bulls basketball talk. When was the last time this happened? I love it and really hopes it continues because it can and will help build interest in Coach Gregory's USF Bulls program. Like I said earlier lets not be negative and make excuses why not to attend or support the program. If you are able to attend do so, and if not try to encourage others to go in your place. Coach Gregory is building this program the right way and is poised to have USF men's basketball at a place never seen before but he needs everyone's help.

There were a lot of recruits at this game and surely they enjoyed watching  the contest , and the excitement and energy in the arena. That's what can help Coach Gregory the most because you know the negatively and the lack of support has and is always used against USF no matter the HC. Time to change that and let these current Bulls and potential future Bulls see what this program can actually be with some FAN support.

Thank You All and GO BULLS!!!!

Edited by Vega
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  539
  • Days Won:  0

Just got home.  I have not felt a vibe like that at the dome in sooooo long.  We still have some things to work out like free throws and some freshman mistakes.  That one official was the worst I have ever seen. So many fanthom calls and how hey didn't call a foul when Q was mugged but called traveling was the worst call I have ever seen.      The best aspect of Gregory's coaching tonight was putting the ball in Collins hands late in the second half. He basically said you are the best player on the team, even though you have been struggling I believe in you. Collins stepped up and his confidence is back.  Once these kids grow up a year this team can be the best basketball team USF has ever had.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,729

This team will be special this year! So many good lineup possibilities are available to Coach Gregory. They are big, strong, talented, and play with heart, effort, and energy. I've said it here before... This is the best USF men's basketball team (and probably the best head coach) I have witnessed in 30 years. No exaggeration. No green and gold goggles. Just calling it like I see it. Go Bulls! 🤘🏀

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

38 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The side the video was taken from was lot fuller than the other one, at least at that point ...... and I was truly shocked at the student turnout for this game. It was about as full as it's been for most games this year.

But have to remember that this was the highest profile team we've got coming in this year and they brought a good amount of fans (some in floor seats, sporting UConn colors which was total ********). The Tulane game turnout will be interesting ...

so they still have the one side where all the donors sit-- Green Jacket section or whatever? That used to really make some fans mad that all those great seats would sit practically empty some games because the people with those tickets were buying them as part of their company or whatever--- and we felt it would look so much better if they had fans in those seats (especially on TV).

From the TV crowd shots-- you tell there was a good student turnout. I would not get too mad about the UConn seated fans down low. Some people live here but are diehard fans of their school-- to the point that they would buy season tickets for the privilege of having incredible seats to see their team that one time a year they played here. They would also go to our games and wear USF gear for those games. But compared to the cost of having similar tickets at some of the prestige old school Big East teams (I think they guy telling me this was a fan of Providence - I forget) is insane. My brother does something similar here in Arizona-- he has Coyotes season tickets near center ice about 10 rows up or so-- we wear Coyote gear to all the games except the times they play the Blackhawks (granted not as awesome the past two seasons). Not that we stand out for those games as the place sells out and 90% of the attendees are in Blackhawks gear. But to get similar tickets to a game in Chicago would be the cost of the entire season package in Phoenix.

It will be interesting to see if we get some momentum with the students back. Some of my best memories as an undergrad was going to USF basketball games during late 1980s-early 90s.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

7 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

This team will be special this year! So many good lineup possibilities are available to Coach Gregory. They are big, strong, talented, and play with heart, effort, and energy. I've said it here before... This is the best USF men's basketball team (and probably the best head coach) I have witnessed in 30 years. No exaggeration. No green and gold goggles. Just calling it like I see it. Go Bulls! 🤘🏀

Great enthusiasm

it was a nice win but let's not go crazy. I would hate for the fans who tend to get all full of expectations start their debbie downer maneuver before this team has a chance to learn and grow. Think back to 7-0 and people projected whether we would get into the NY6 bowl yada yada and rankings-- completely ignoring most of us who were concerned about what we were seeing on the field.

And I say this because the odds of USF making the dance or some other type of noise or "why aren't we ranked?" etc is sure to follow as soon as some guy thinks -- "Hey-- I am going to show everyone how smart I am and make some wild arse predictions based on limited data!". Then before we know it-- CBG is not meeting expectations. We've all seen this rinse repeat nonsense over and over on these boards. I just wish we could live in the moment.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,729

14 minutes ago, MikeG said:

let's not go crazy

Fan = Fanatic = Crazy

I say, the crazier Bulls fans get for this hoops team, the better. Go crazy Bull's fans! Go crazy! 😁🤘

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571

19 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Fan = Fanatic = Crazy

I say, the crazier Bulls fans get for this hoops team, the better. Go crazy Bull's fans! Go crazy! 😁🤘

isn't that adorable

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

5 hours ago, MikeG said:

Great enthusiasm

it was a nice win but let's not go crazy. I would hate for the fans who tend to get all full of expectations start their debbie downer maneuver before this team has a chance to learn and grow. Think back to 7-0 and people projected whether we would get into the NY6 bowl yada yada and rankings-- completely ignoring most of us who were concerned about what we were seeing on the field.

And I say this because the odds of USF making the dance or some other type of noise or "why aren't we ranked?" etc is sure to follow as soon as some guy thinks -- "Hey-- I am going to show everyone how smart I am and make some wild arse predictions based on limited data!". Then before we know it-- CBG is not meeting expectations. We've all seen this rinse repeat nonsense over and over on these boards. I just wish we could live in the moment.

We should be ranked at 11-2. We have two tough losses by a combined six points. I'm not sure why the writers are overlooking our program. We manhandled UConn and the officials last night. The game wasn't even close. We're a top 20 team and will be dancing by the end of the season. Best. USF. Team. Ever. (well, in a year or two).