• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Uconn - It’s Gameday Baby!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

11 hours ago, MikeG said:

the announcers said there was a good croowd-- and so did Joey Knight

that video doesn't overwhelm me but the game was over at that point. And the students aren't back from break either. So who knows. Good win either way

I caught some of the Temple @ UCF game... ghost town.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The way we shoot FT it is a good strategy but we do seem to nail them at the end of games. 

The team went 23 for 31 (74%) in the second half. Hopefully, that is a harbinger of things to come. With the way they play defense and hustle on the boards there is no reason for them not to be competitive in every game this season. If we shoot 75% from the charity stripe, we won't lose many games from here on out. Cincy, Houston, and UCF are the only teams in conference that are clearly "better" than us right now. I'm not saying we can't beat those teams, but at this stage in the season, they are just slightly better than we are. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

11 hours ago, MikeG said:

box score? where do you get yours anyway?

Tickets? 

50 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Thankfully this team will virtually be in tact for the next couple of seasons.

There is so much promise out there right now and this team is getting major contributions from Sophomores and Freshmen.

One thing this team does have in relation to the 2012 team is the toughness needed to win games within the conference. It should be no surprise since Coach Heath and Coach Gregory are from the Tom Izzo coaching tree.

When Durr realizes the gifts he has gets into gear, possibilities magnify. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

14 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Collins is overrated 

Bless you 

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Got home last night and didn't stay up to read this thread.  One thing I wanted to address is the UConn fans in the floor seats. Spoke with Lelo about that at halftime.  Used to be that only $25k donors could buy tickets there.  Since they didn't sell out those seats some broker bought them and they can't tell them to whom they can sell.  This will be addressed next season and shouldn't be a problem.

Another thing someone mentioned was about seats on the club side.  There will be some changes next year in ticketing trying to get more people over there.  Probably shouldn't say what I've heard since nothing is etched in stone but one thing being considered is making it more affordable for all seats.

As for the game, I haven't seen my wife that excited about a BB game maybe ever.  It was such a good feeling walking out with that W.  Early on I thought their guards were much quicker than ours, and maybe overall they were.  But Qs hands are like lightning.  He had 3 steals where he knocked the ball out of their guard's hands.  One was right in front of us. Like a freakin cat.  

In CBGs talks before the game he always talks about getting better.  Improve each practice and each game. Said last night that win or lose he wanted to see improvement.  Love this guy. Someone asked him the starting lineup and I couldn't follow as it was almost all initials: Q, X, JB, Y and Durr.

They need to put the students back on the sidelines.  Maybe even behind the benches like they used to do.  Death row had a lot of fun behind the visitors bench.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Last year I predicted this team would make the NIT this year.  Next year we are NCAA bound.  Glad to see USF bball having success it has been too long (again).  Really hope we can keep CBG. 

3 minutes ago, bullman3 said:

They need to put the students back on the sidelines.  Maybe even behind the benches like they used to do.  Death row had a lot of fun behind the visitors bench.

I bet Danny White would (and declare us one of the greatest all time in NCAAM). 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,455
  • Days Won:  13

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Bless you 

Just trying to help.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

Last year I predicted this team would make the NIT this year.  Next year we are NCAA bound.  Glad to see USF bball having success it has been too long (again).  Really hope we can keep CBG. 

It was I who predicted we would make the NIT