• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Critical juncture in USF football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

He hasnt done anything without Bridgewater. 

or QF, but he definitely should send Bridgewater a nice Christmas gift annually

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

54 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Just to give the mob pause for a moment. What do you really expect USF and AD Kelly to do at this point? 

Personally, I would prefer he stop misleading and just say what we all already know. CCS gots us on the hook for a lot of money. Probably $7.8 million over 3 more seasons. We don't have that money to give all at one time and hire another staff. This is AD Harlan's fault and he got out of Dodge before anyone figured out what a mess he made. 

That said, AD Kelly can't say that. He has to pretend he is just measured. So it is what it is. 

Prepare for 4-8 to 8-5 the next 2-3 seasons. In the meantime, enjoy and watch the Men's Basketball team. Gregory is a lot of fun and he just says it like it is. 

This. We can’t do anything.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

46 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I'm not excited for the Wisconsin game.

I think you will be. That game is a long way away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I think you will be. That game is a long way away.

Respectfully, I’m neither excited about the Wisconsin game nor next season. I don’t see youthful mistakes; I see an egregious lack of talent at key positions complimented by poor coaching. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

The administration has already signaled the plans. They already paid MF for their little PR campaign to set expectations. 

AD Kelly on 11/30/18:

"I think we do. I have confidence in my ability to find people, but I also like to build things with people who want to be here. … I think it's irrational to make a wholesale change."

"I just believe he's a good, good fit for us," Kelly said. "He's had a great career. Relates well to student-athletes. He recruits Florida well."

"I have confidence in my ability to find people, but I also like to build things with people who want to be here. … I think it's irrational to make a wholesale change."

"I could look at silly at any time, but I really believe he wants to be here," Kelly said.

"We have to build the football facility first. I would say that if Charlie went somewhere else, we'd still have to do it for any coach."

"As long as people are looking for ways to improve and wanting to be here, why wouldn't I build on it with someone who is a proven success, who has great contacts in the state of Florida?" Kelly said. 

"I think it' so easy to jump ahead in a society where everything is so instantaneous, everyone's reaction, and judgment. But I still believe in Charlie. I think we're a good team. "

So in a nutshell. Charlie Strong is going to be here as long as "he wants to be here". Also, CCS has convinced Kelly that we can't expect to win without an IPF so nothing that happens until that facility is built will be held against him. Or in other words, Clint Hurtt and Teddy Bridgewater made CCS Millions. 

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this statement, but I think he's trying to sell CCS to the fan base. Saying "I believe" is completely noncommittal. It's hoping, it's praying that CCS actually has the will and desire to be here. He hedged it with the "we'd still have to do it for any coach" and "why wouldn't I build on it..." comments. 

No, nothing is instantaneous, but CCS hasn't gotten our team in position to win football games. With the exception of the GT game (I will give full credit to CCS there, he beat a team that finished with a winning record, and it was a positive, exciting, generally well-called game), even the first half the season felt like we were playing 2014 SMU 7 weeks in a row (and that was a BAD football team). We looked good, we had an undefeated record, but it was as thin as wrapping paper. We hoped that it was just the team learning and trying to get better, but it didn't show up in the win column the last six games. The only highlights after the UConn win were leading at the half against Cincy and Temple, and hey, if we win those games, then we have something to sell and not all is lost.  But we didn't. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

31 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Respectfully, I’m neither excited about the Wisconsin game nor next season. I don’t see youthful mistakes; I see an egregious lack of talent at key positions complimented by poor coaching. 

I certainly understand where you're coming from.

There is a long time between now and then and things can be corrected.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I certainly understand where you're coming from.

There is a long time between now and then and things can be corrected.

Very true and I hope I’m 100% wrong.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

52 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Poor coaching might be the under statement of the year. Lack of talent, effort, giving ***** or playing for pride. CCS isn’t playing for W’s and neither are his recruits. Participation trophy mentally. 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

Edited by Brad
Language!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

This is sad.  I'm not excited for the Wisconsin game.

Ditto.  I have 4 friends that are Wisoncsin season ticket holders coming down for the game.  Big holiday weekend planned, but I fear the worst on Saturday.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Most of the team simply gave up the last few games and last night.  My tickets were in the 3rd row behind the bench and I was really surprised at the lack of enthusiasm and how many players were just milling around staring at the ground.  I even saw 2 defensemen who were in the game actually yawning and looking skyward when they were supposed to be huddled around a white board right in front of me.  When you lose the team, the whole program is in trouble.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1