• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Critical juncture in USF football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Feel like this post comes around every couple of years at a minimum. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Feel like this post comes around every couple of years at a minimum. 

Years? We've had this post 8 times this month.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

The administration has already signaled the plans. They already paid MF for their little PR campaign to set expectations. 

AD Kelly on 11/30/18:

"I think we do. I have confidence in my ability to find people, but I also like to build things with people who want to be here. … I think it's irrational to make a wholesale change."

"I just believe he's a good, good fit for us," Kelly said. "He's had a great career. Relates well to student-athletes. He recruits Florida well."

"I have confidence in my ability to find people, but I also like to build things with people who want to be here. … I think it's irrational to make a wholesale change."

"I could look at silly at any time, but I really believe he wants to be here," Kelly said.

"We have to build the football facility first. I would say that if Charlie went somewhere else, we'd still have to do it for any coach."

"As long as people are looking for ways to improve and wanting to be here, why wouldn't I build on it with someone who is a proven success, who has great contacts in the state of Florida?" Kelly said. 

"I think it' so easy to jump ahead in a society where everything is so instantaneous, everyone's reaction, and judgment. But I still believe in Charlie. I think we're a good team. "

So in a nutshell. Charlie Strong is going to be here as long as "he wants to be here". Also, CCS has convinced Kelly that we can't expect to win without an IPF so nothing that happens until that facility is built will be held against him. Or in other words, Clint Hurtt and Teddy Bridgewater made CCS Millions. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Just to give the mob pause for a moment. What do you really expect USF and AD Kelly to do at this point? 

Personally, I would prefer he stop misleading and just say what we all already know. CCS gots us on the hook for a lot of money. Probably $7.8 million over 3 more seasons. We don't have that money to give all at one time and hire another staff. This is AD Harlan's fault and he got out of Dodge before anyone figured out what a mess he made. 

That said, AD Kelly can't say that. He has to pretend he is just measured. So it is what it is. 

Prepare for 4-8 to 8-5 the next 2-3 seasons. In the meantime, enjoy and watch the Men's Basketball team. Gregory is a lot of fun and he just says it like it is. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

We just keep getting ****** over by our own ADs.  First Woolard with the Holtz extension and now Harlan with the Chuckles contract

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,939
  • Days Won:  38

This is sad.  I'm not excited for the Wisconsin game.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  796
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, usf97 said:

The administration has already signaled the plans. They already paid MF for their little PR campaign to set expectations. 

AD Kelly on 11/30/18:

"I think we do. I have confidence in my ability to find people, but I also like to build things with people who want to be here. … I think it's irrational to make a wholesale change."

"I just believe he's a good, good fit for us," Kelly said. "He's had a great career. Relates well to student-athletes. He recruits Florida well."

"I have confidence in my ability to find people, but I also like to build things with people who want to be here. … I think it's irrational to make a wholesale change."

"I could look at silly at any time, but I really believe he wants to be here," Kelly said.

"We have to build the football facility first. I would say that if Charlie went somewhere else, we'd still have to do it for any coach."

"As long as people are looking for ways to improve and wanting to be here, why wouldn't I build on it with someone who is a proven success, who has great contacts in the state of Florida?" Kelly said. 

"I think it' so easy to jump ahead in a society where everything is so instantaneous, everyone's reaction, and judgment. But I still believe in Charlie. I think we're a good team. "

So in a nutshell. Charlie Strong is going to be here as long as "he wants to be here". Also, CCS has convinced Kelly that we can't expect to win without an IPF so nothing that happens until that facility is built will be held against him. Or in other words, Clint Hurtt and Teddy Bridgewater made CCS Millions. 

He hasnt done anything without Bridgewater. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Nothing has changed from the San Jose State game to the Gasparillla bowl other than the players.  Last years talent and leadership masked all the coaching problems this team couldn’t.  And nothing will change going forward with Chuckles at the helm.  Perhaps some better players can mask his horrible coaching to get us to a 7 or 8 season.  If not, 3 to 4 win seasons is what it’s in our future with Chuckles in charge

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

1 hour ago, HPbull said:

Now more than ever we are at a point where the administration needs to show they are serious about football.

I thought we passed that threshold 8 years ago when a disinterested, bumbling Skip Holtz was praised and ultimately extended because of a goofy smile and his huggability with the players.  

The goose hath been slayed.