• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt article on 247 sports.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

That article is what Jim Leavitt needed to clear the path to become a head coach again. I wouldn't be surprised if the writer isn't a friend and Jim asked for the article. 

For those who didn't know, head coach at Kansas State has always been his dream job (yes he did love USF, but this was "the job"  he would have left us for.) It is open, and I know he will do everything he can to get it. 

By the way, nothing I mentioned in the last two paragraphs is bad, I wish him well and hope he gets it. He is a good guy, good coach, who made some mistakes at USF, but he has served his time. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This article tells us nothing. Jim is getting friends to go public so he can get his dream job. Looking at the comments on the article there are a number of people saying the article is wrong and they saw Jim slap the kid. This article does not tell the whole story. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I have a hard time believing his absence from the HC club has a lot to do with this incident. May have a lot to do with why he isn't here anymore, but not why he hasn't picked up a job since. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

39 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This article tells us nothing. Jim is getting friends to go public so he can get his dream job. Looking at the comments on the article there are a number of people saying the article is wrong and they saw Jim slap the kid. This article does not tell the whole story. 

If you can’t trust anonymous internet comments what can you trust? Btw I witnessed CJL not hit anyone ever.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

What I find interesting is how the media has changed on Leavitt. Do you think it has anything to do with they just find it amusing to dump on USF? It is like a complete 180. 

At USF, between the local paper, the local radio and ESPN, Leavitt was some angry, unhinged, maniacal nut job. 

And was typically depicted like this in photos. image.jpeg.4d6b020c665a54cbd46a1a80511e7f29.jpeg

Fast forward 9 years and now at Oregon. 

Suddenly, he is a lovable Pepsi loving, positive twitter guy. He gets puff piece articles written like this:

https://www.registerguard.com/rg/sports/36621060-81/seeing-life-through-the-eyes-of-coachjimleavitt.html.csp

And is depicted like this: 

Image result for Jim Leavitt pepsi

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, usf97 said:

What I find interesting is how the media has changed on Leavitt. Do you think it has anything to do with they just find it amusing to dump on USF? It is like a complete 180. 

At USF, between the local paper, the local radio and ESPN, Leavitt was some angry, unhinged, maniacal nut job. 

And was typically depicted like this in photos. image.jpeg.4d6b020c665a54cbd46a1a80511e7f29.jpeg

Suddenly, he is a lovable Pepsi loving, positive twitter guy. He gets puff piece articles written like this:

https://www.registerguard.com/rg/sports/36621060-81/seeing-life-through-the-eyes-of-coachjimleavitt.html.csp

But he was mean to Brett

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,093
  • Days Won:  56

12 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Trust me - once a nut job, always a nut job

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,268
  • Days Won:  25

I would rather have an angry nut coaching then a guy with no passion coaching.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

22 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I would rather have an angry nut coaching then a guy with no passion coaching.

Have to agree with you on this one. Jim is out there... but most football players are a card or two short of a full deck. Crazy coaches go hand in hand with football players.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, Brad said:

Allegedly tampered with the players he coached.  

Yeah but he allegedly hit a plyer too. ?  Makes you wonder if he just wasn't trying to save his butt/coaching life from being ruined via....a lie?  Wonder if Patrick provided this info back then? I could see assistants trying to distance themselves so they too didn't get the dreaded stain of physical abuse...? 🙊🙈🙉   Of course JL wasn't always the most diplomatic guy in the room. I hope he gets his head coaching shot he's paid his dues.