• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong contract

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

48 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

This.....though I agree his staff needs changes.

I agree. OC and ST need major changes, possibly defense but I’m not certain on that considering we have proof from last season that defense can be turned around. We also need to bring in someone who knows what discipline is because I’ve not seen it as bad as I have the past two seasons. I’d say ride the rest of this season out for further proof then make the changes necessary because yet again conference title is out of reach. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Doubt it's "firing" time. CCS has some season left it will be interesting to see how it works out. "IF" he wants to stay on as USF coach?? he will have some decisions to make regarding his asst coaches. As I watched the games this season you could see from the start that our inexperience was showing( both O and D) but we muddled through the first 7 games until we hit the brick competition wall. You watch teams dice and slice our D. Seems the past 3 games they have all used the same game plan our weaknesses are obvious. I was wondering early how Barnett would hold up but Temple beat him up. Needs fixing. Yep, our freshman will have a year under their belt and prob bulk up and be coached up in the off season. Might need some transfer help? After Houston I lowered my expectations about our season. The H and the T games were and should have been embarrassing. At Cincy- we looked better but then assumed the look of the 2 prior games. Cincy is much better & well coached. They show heart like ucf does. I was impressed with our qb O( I was nicknaming him Okie Dokie) in his first start I believe he has talent & possibilities. My wish?  See how the Temple game goes but be able to go in full power  and hungry against UCF snag a win, then go on to win our bowl game even if it's in the Toilet Bowl. Play with heart and some pride. End the season on a giant win and a final win.       Amen

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

13 hours ago, CowsRule said:

And another DC as well. Both are trash. The special teams had gotten better than last year so keep them. But add a better kicker.

The only aspect of special teams that’s gotten better is return team. We still let up a decent amount when opponents return, we can’t seem to go more than a game without a blocked extra point/field goal, we have multiple penalties on special teams almost every game, and we kick the ball out of bounds on kickoffs way more than we should. OC and special teams both need to go. Strong needs to stop worrying about hurting their feelings. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Doubt it's "firing" time. CCS has some season left it will be interesting to see how it works out. "IF" he wants to stay on as USF coach?? he will have some decisions to make regarding his asst coaches. As I watched the games this season you could see from the start that our inexperience was showing( both O and D) but we muddled through the first 7 games until we hit the brick competition wall. You watch teams dice and slice our D. Seems the past 3 games they have all used the same game plan our weaknesses are obvious. I was wondering early how Barnett would hold up but Temple beat him up. Needs fixing. Yep, our freshman will have a year under their belt and prob bulk up and be coached up in the off season. Might need some transfer help? After Houston I lowered my expectations about our season. The H and the T games were and should have been embarrassing. At Cincy- we looked better but then assumed the look of the 2 prior games. Cincy is much better & well coached. They show heart like ucf does. I was impressed with our qb O( I was nicknaming him Okie Dokie) in his first start I believe he has talent & possibilities. My wish?  See how the Temple game goes but be able to go in full power  and hungry against UCF snag a win, then go on to win our bowl game even if it's in the Toilet Bowl. Play with heart and some pride. End the season on a giant win and a final win.       Amen

They had a graphic up during the game that Chris O. only had 57 pass attempts in his High School career. Seems like a really low number. Not sure if that was a misprint or if I read that wrong..

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

They had a graphic up during the game that Chris O. only had 57 pass attempts in his High School career. Seems like a really low number. Not sure if that was a misprint or if I read that wrong..

I read the kids bio the other day because I didn't know much about him. I think he started playing late but went on to be very productive and then excelled in the summer 7on7 comps, etc..it looked like he was prob pretty good at a 3 star with about 4-5 offers. For getting thrown into the ring I thought he did pretty good. Not a Q but he is an O 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Calibull said:

I'll wait on a DC... I don't know how good the defense can be when they aren't on the field for 90 plays a game.

Maybe get a stop on 3rd down and you aren't out there for so many plays.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,077

Strong will have to have multiple under .500 seasons in a row here to get fired.  That will be difficult to do in the AAC.  

Edited by jg233

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It should be pointed out that many, if not most, of the posters on this board wanted xCWT fired after two seasons as well.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

26 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

It should be pointed out that many, if not most, of the posters on this board wanted xCWT fired after two seasons as well.

That's true.  Maybe 2 coaches in a row can turn their philosophies 180 degrees and produce a winner.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That's true.  Maybe 2 coaches in a row can turn their philosophies 180 degrees and produce a winner.

I don't know that CCS has to go 180.  Maybe 60 to 90 will be enough ;)