• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong contract

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

I agree... I just want a  new OC... I think that would be a big step in the right direction. 

This, I dont know who but we need an OC upgrade big time on this team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I 100% agree with that. If we called the plays we ran against GTECH short and medium passing routes to comeback consistently we would have a chance. The backups were even hitting those routes. BB is saying to himself, do you miss me yet? I noticed his arm wasn't as good the last few games and this explains a lot.

Maybe it's time for Gilbert to actually make/use a play book... he doesn't use one right?  I just think he has no imagination and is too stubborn to listen to his players.  He strikes me as a 'know it all'... this coming from me... and 'know it all' (though unlike Gilbert I welcome criticism and advice when it means I'll perform better)

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

This, I dont know who but we need an OC upgrade big time on this team.

yeah we do... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Calibull said:

I agree... I just want a  new OC... I think that would be a big step in the right direction. 

And another DC as well. Both are trash. The special teams had gotten better than last year so keep them. But add a better kicker.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

It took Willie Taggart till the 5th game of his 3rd season to figure out his "system" wasn't working and he was about to get himself fired. 

So essentially, he put his pride and his fancy playbook aside and let his kids play "Florida Sand Lot" football or the "Gulf Coast" Offense. 

This past off-season, Taggart called it "Lethal Simplicity" and that is because that is what it is. It probably won't work long term at FSU.

However, it may be your best bang for your buck with the level of Athlete you are going to get at USF. Put an athlete back there that can sort of pass the ball and throw or run the ball to wherever the defense isn't. 

IMO, USF is never going to be able to recruit an OL that will be able to effectively run Gilbert's offense. 

Edited by usf97

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

38 minutes ago, usf97 said:

It took Willie Taggart till the 5th game of his 3rd season to figure out his "system" wasn't working and he was about to get himself fired.  -  So CCS thinks he can come in and run the same thing that didn't work for CWT and take 3-1/2 years to find out it doesn't work?

So essentially, he put his pride and his fancy playbook aside and let his kids play "Florida Sand Lot" football or the "Gulf Coast" Offense. - See above ↑

This past off-season, Taggart called it "Lethal Simplicity" and that is because that is what it is. It probably won't work long term at FSU.

However, it may be your best bang for your buck with the level of Athlete you are going to get at USF. Put an athlete back there that can sort of pass the ball and throw or run the ball to wherever the defense isn't. 

IMO, USF is never going to be able to recruit an OL that will be able to effectively run Gilbert's offense. - And yet here we are...

But, just wait til next year...again.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Probably an over simplification to say the Gulf Coast Offense was implemented  in the 5th game of year 3 under CWT. 

Seems like he realized it after 2 seasons and tried to install it in the off-season and it wasn't until game 5 that it "clicked". 

This article goes in depth into the evolution of it. https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/FSU-football-Gulf-Coast-Offense-Willie-Taggart--121257906/

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

Just so long as we don't give him a 2-year extension for making it to a bowl game. 🙄

CCS lost me last year, and I hate this brand of football and everything about watching this team, but I also agree that he will be with us for 1-2 more years until his system collapses on its own with his players... or he succeeds and eventually goes elsewhere

Either way, I'm not exactly thrilled with what I'm watching

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Usfemup said:

Meanwhile, In Orlando, they are discussing the hundreds of variations on which College Game Day signs to have printed and how to best display them on national TV.  

That may take a while with the spelling issues central community college has...😂

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

He’s not getting fired. 

This.....though I agree his staff needs changes.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

12 hours ago, CowsRule said:

And another DC as well. Both are trash. The special teams had gotten better than last year so keep them. But add a better kicker.

I'll wait on a DC... I don't know how good the defense can be when they aren't on the field for 90 plays a game.