• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong contract

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Bucs put up over 400 yards against the Redskins last Sunday and scored 3 points.  Yards don’t tell the whole story.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Yea this but the yards stuff is getting old. Idc how many yards you can put up it’s all about the scoreboard 

That’s what I was saying 😀

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

46 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Some 3 years after its creation I don’t think anyone is fighting for the blame of creating the lethal stupidity offense; there may have been several factors that led to the 1.5 years of offensive success but one thing we know for sure is it’s not holding up to the test of time.

and why is that? USF was #4 in in the country in points per game Taggart's last year. Oregon(designed to run spread) was top 20.

.He is completely retooling his offense at FSU. They were designed as a pro-style offense. He doesn't have the right personnel to run his version of a spread offense. it makes sense they would struggle. Francois has -51 yards rushing this year.

I understand there is no honeymoon period for you as you have stated many times how Taggart was a failure here because he lost so much early on but anyone with sense realizes it takes time especially if the personnel on the roster isn't suited for the offense he runs.

Now if you wanted to argue that he should run an offense designed for his personnel on his roster then I would agree with you. Transition to your offense gradually.

10 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Bucs put up over 400 yards against the Redskins last Sunday and scored 3 points.  Yards don’t tell the whole story.

the Bucs put up 501 yards last week.......

USF averaged 43.8 ppg in 2016 512 yards per game

38.3 last year 513 yards per game

32.3 this year   474

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

and why is that? USF was #4 in in the country in points per game Taggart's last year. Oregon(designed to run spread) was top 20.

.He is completely retooling his offense at FSU. They were designed as a pro-style offense. He doesn't have the right personnel to run his version of a spread offense. it makes sense they would struggle. Francois has -51 yards rushing this year.

I understand there is no honeymoon period for you as you have stated many times how Taggart was a failure here because he lost so much early on but anyone with sense realizes it takes time especially if the personnel on the roster isn't suited for the offense he runs.

Now if you wanted to argue that he should run an offense designed for his personnel on his roster then I would agree with you. Transition to your offense gradually.

They're also literally starting 4 guards and a center upfront, so there's that too.....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I don’t think he was a failure I think he was average just as his overall record in football says that he is. I think a lot of factors came together and he had a dynamic offense for 1.5 years of his career that he is now managed to turn into a couple of large paydays. I do not think that he recruited towards running the gulf coast offense since he was pretty vocal about being a power pro kind of guy during the time he brought in Flowers and I do not think he would be having any more success with his offense here now that Flowers is gone and there is now film on his offense.  Like CWT so eloquently put about us getting to number 2 it’s one thing to get there it’s another thing to have a plan once you get there, so far CWT retooled offense seems to have been a bit gimmicky and not seeming to be replicated in two stops since.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

They're also literally starting 4 guards and a center upfront, so there's that too.....

Since CWT seems to have stacked our offensive line I’m sure they are pretty exited at FSU about the amazing offensive line replacements they will be bringing in at FSU the next recruiting season.

Just now, puc86 said:

I don’t think he was a failure I think he was average just as his overall record in football says that he is. I think a lot of factors came together and he had a dynamic offense for 1.5 years of his career that he is now managed to turn into a couple of large paydays. I do not think that he recruited towards running the gulf coast offense since he was pretty vocal about being a power pro kind of guy during the time he brought in Flowers and I do not think he would be having any more success with his offense here now that Flowers is gone and there is now film on his offense.  Like CWT so eloquently put about us getting to number 2 it’s one thing to get there it’s another thing to have a plan once you get there, so far CWT retooled offense seems to have been a bit gimmicky and not seeming to be replicated in two stops since.

he had a top 20 offense at oregon (that was designed to run a spread) even though they lost their QB for the better part of the year. They were top 10 before he went down.

Quinton Flowers was not recruited as a pocket passing QB that would run a prostyle offense.

of course his overall record looks average. that's what you hope for when rebuilding a program that's in tatters.

going from 2-10 to 10-2 means your record is .500 but it also means you did a fantastic job of rebuilding the program.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Since CWT seems to have stacked our offensive line I’m sure they are pretty exited at FSU about the amazing offensive line replacements they will be bringing in at FSU the next recruiting season.

Him and his staff developed a pretty good line while at USF.   The same can't be said for the our current staff considering we have guys up front who looked very promising under the previous staff and played while they were young but their development has stagnated (Arguably regressed) under the new staff (Norman, Atterbury, Wiggs).....

Edited by Bull Dozer

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I'm sure they would love to have a top 5 scoring offense . they haven't seen one since 2013