• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong contract

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I think you're giving Taggart way too much credit and the story has changed it seems since he was at FSU.  This is how it was initially told while he was still at USF and it was Tice and Johnson who went to Taggart.  He was still wanting to run... and run... and run... and have Q play like a robot.  We were also 1-4 and loss to a pathetic Maryland team that fired their coach that season... and we didn't just get spanked... we got our @sses handed to us.  He was literally about to get fired and his players literally and figuratively saved him.  He didn't decide anything, his players did.

"What transpired in the ensuing days has become part of Bulls lore. A few nights later, Taggart had his quarterbacks and running backs at his house for a Southern dinner of fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and other trimmings. 

Tailback Darius Tice, who played against Flowers while at Miami’s Northwestern High and had seen him at his most dynamic, recalls initiating the conversation. One of USF’s most extroverted characters, Tice tried getting his peers to loosen up. Then he turned to Flowers.

"We call Quinton Flowers ‘Wink,’ so I was like, ‘Man, you’ve got to play like you played in high school, just do what you want,’" Tice recalled earlier this week. "Everybody was laughing and I said some other things. I was like, ‘Man, go out there and have fun. … You scared, man, do what you want.’ ""

yeah way to much credit for designing a top 10 offense around the players he brought in.......

some of you are blind with the dislike you show for Taggart.

Tell me who signed Flowers, Mack, Rodney Adams, MVS, Johnson, etc? and who designed the offense? and who called the plays?

we were 1-3 BTW and had played 1 conference game. we lost to #11 ranked FSU and a Memphis team by 7 points that won 9 games.

But i guess it was the meeting they had that was the sole reason for our success.....because, you know, the players decided Taggart was going to do things their way.

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698
  • Days Won:  2

Taggart is a salesman. He spit more ******** out of his mouth than I liked but he did turn the program around. He recruited well and listened to overs. I think he gave up play calling at FSU recently so his already trying to "save his bacon" there.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yeah way to much credit for designing a top 10 offense around the players he brought in.......

some of you are blind with the dislike you show for Taggart.

Tell me who signed Flowers, Mack, Rodney Adams, MVS, Johnson, etc? and who designed the offense? and who called the plays?

we were 1-3 BTW and had played 1 conference game.

But i guess it was the meeting they had that was the sole reason for our success.....because, you know, the players decided Taggart was going to do things their way.

You see none of the offense's problems are Sterling Gilbert's when he doesn't tailor his offense to the talent he inherited but at the same time none of the credit goes to Taggart when he did just that.  It seems blame and credit are as elusive as Quinton Flowers.....

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

You see none of the offense's problems are Sterling Gilbert's when he doesn't tailor his offense to the talent he inherited but at the same time none of the credit goes to Taggart when he did just that.  It seems blame and credit are as elusive as Quinton Flowers.....

yeah I don't get it. Cognitive dissonance. they refuse to see the facts.

they think the players all decided to show up here and then drew up plays in the dirt.

Taggart just happened to be standing on the sidelines at the time.

Half of them were crowing that we upgraded coaches when we hired Strong. They are going to go down with that ship.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

On 11/13/2018 at 3:59 PM, Bull94 said:

yeah I don't get it. Cognitive dissonance. they refuse to see the facts.

they think the players all decided to show up here and then drew up plays in the dirt.

Taggart just happened to be standing on the sidelines at the time.

Half of them were crowing that we upgraded coaches when we hired Strong. They are going to go down with that ship.

Some 3 years after its creation I don’t think anyone is fighting for the blame of creating the lethal stupidity offense; there may have been several factors that led to the 1.5 years of offensive success but one thing we know for sure is it’s not holding up to the test of time.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Some 3 years after its creation I don’t think anyone is fighting for the blame of creating the lethal stupidity offense; there may have been several factors that led to the 1.5 years of offensive success but one thing we know for sure is it’s not holding up to the test of time.

Neither is the HB Dive.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Neither is the HB Dive.

We are 16th in total offense; FSU is 108th and CWT just had to relinquish control of offensive play calling but please continue.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We are 16th in total offense; FSU is 108th and CWT just had to relinquish control of offensive play calling but please continue.

Have we not established that yards do not equal points? Yes please continue the conversation.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Have we not established that yards do not equal points? Yes please continue the conversation.

Yea this but the yards stuff is getting old. Idc how many yards you can put up it’s all about the scoreboard