• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do our losses even upset you anymore?

Do our losses even upset you anymore?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We will be better next year. We have some nice transfers, a lot of players got experience, some good talent that redshirted will finally play, and the team will make the neccesary weight/strength gains over the summer. Im going 2 simply be grateful for a Temple and bowl game victory with a UCF victory being a bonus. 

I doubt we beat Temple or UCF, but I do agree that we should be better next year, but there will have to be significant improvement in the OL to really have a shot at winning the conference. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, USFBulls727 said:

I doubt we beat Temple or UCF, but I do agree that we should be better next year, but there will have to be significant improvement in the OL to really have a shot at winning the conference. 

We have a grad transfer from Virginia Tech, we played 3-4 true Freshman this year who will be sophomores with a year of experience next year  We have a bunch of redshirt freshman who will finally play.  Trust me, the O-line will be fine. A good summer of hitting the weights and conditioning and we will finally have the size we wanted at o-Line. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

It has sunk in we're not that good this year but we still have the UCF game and a bowl game to play for, AND next year should be a huge leap. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

We probably will be better.

But will we be entertaining?

It seems like entertainment value is as a big a factor for many here, and definitely the community, as the wins are. I don't see Strong/Gilbert ever giving us the kind of  game the fans have found entertaining.

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

We have a grad transfer from Virginia Tech, we played 3-4 true Freshman this year who will be sophomores with a year of experience next year  We have a bunch of redshirt freshman who will finally play.  Trust me, the O-line will be fine. A good summer of hitting the weights and conditioning and we will finally have the size we wanted at o-Line. 

I'm with you on this. Year three was when xCWT turned it around, and I can see the possibility of the same happening in year three for Strong. Also saw flashes of some good things from some of the young guys on Defense: Roberts, Lapointe, Kegler, Davis. Hampton has been very good for the most part. Not a huge fan of the Veer and Shoot offense, but it's not bad when we actually block (GT would be an example).

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm with you on this. Year three was when xCWT turned it around, and I can see the possibility of the same happening in year three for Strong. Also saw flashes of some good things from some of the young guys on Defense: Roberts, Lapointe, Kegler, Davis. Hampton has been very good for the most part. Not a huge fan of the Veer and Shoot offense, but it's not bad when we actually block (GT would be an example).

Strong went 5-7 in his 3rd year at Texas. He lost to Kansas who went 2-10 that year with their only other win over Rhode island

11 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

We probably will be better.

But will we be entertaining?

It seems like entertainment value is as a big a factor for many here, and definitely the community, as the wins are. I don't see Strong/Gilbert ever giving us the kind of  game the fans have found entertaining.

this is definitely not entertaining football.

He also went 11-2 last year, albeit against a weak schedule with a talented team. 

I understand the frustration with Strong and his staff this year, and without a doubt, he is at least partially to blame for some of the problems. I can't see firing him after two years though. I think next year could be quite a bit better on both sides of the ball, and I'm somewhat confident that we can seriously contend for the CC. 2019 will be his make or break year here, obviously.

Not a coach I'd want here, but Bobby Petrino just became available...

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Why would the losses upset me? I always so this as a team who lost a lot of Sr leadership who at BEST would lose a few games. 

The beauty if being a realist, you can watch the games for what they are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  3

No, the losses do not devastate me. And the wins don't send me over the moon. After twenty-one years of USF football I've evolved. There once was a time when Saturdays were the sole focus of the week and I couldn't get enough tailgating and couldn't wait for the game to start. More sand through the hourglass and now the Saturday question is "when's the game start?". I reckon the emotional investment in Bulls football has waned over time, as does interest in a lot of things, so no - I'm not traumatized by losses so much as irritated. It'd be nice to make it to a conference championship game, which is really all that's left on my interestometer. We've done the ten win season and we've gone to the Generic Grocery Aisle Bowl enough times already. I'm a seasoned veteran at managing expectations. I've long ceased using UCF as some sort of barometer for USF. 

That being said, there would be no tears streaming down my face should we lose the next two games and go 7-5. We're out of contention for any essence of a championship season, so I'll just sit in front of the big screen and see how things pan out. As we always like to say,...well, you know...next year... 😎

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Usually that first loss that counts stings the most then the others not as much...they frustrate me but I am not going to lose much sleep about it. 

Our team isnt that great, we have many injured and our coaches aren't good.. I dont expect we win these last two games..maybe the bowl game if we get a good matchup. 

We might be able to beat UCF if the team plays out of its mind in all phases and we get some injured players back...we saw some improvement a little vs Cincy and we didn't have our starting QB.    If we can play a sort of close game vs Temple I think we have a legit shot of beating UCF.

Edited by Bulls On Parade