• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who does this fall on?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

...and what schools are these exactly? Any documentation to support such a position?

here is a recent article. it states that the ncaa tests for street drugs at championship events only. it also states that the big 12 is the only conference that tests for street drugs but they allow schools to determine punishment.

https://www.newsweek.com/many-colleges-are-less-stringent-athletes-using-pot-ap-investigation-finds-409460

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

I do agree that our offensive line has been weak most of the year. Thought Atterbury would have shined for us and Norman but both are huge liabilities.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

16 minutes ago, mjadams said:

I get exactly what you are saying. I really do and there needs to be a happy meduim but I cant fault a guy for making rules and sticking by them. I dont know for fact but I dont think CCS will kick anyone off the team for one failed test or minor rule infraction.

I also know character doesnt win ballgames.

he can make whatever rules he wants to but we must also understand there will be consequences as far as our program is concerned. He absolutely imploded the program at Texas by kicking off 9 players including valuable starters and backups and suspending others with his frequent drug tests. That was in his first year before the 3rd game of the season.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

15 hours ago, Calibull said:

Craig Watts was not a LB, he was 180 pound safety who plays for a division III school.  He was way overrated and I'm not defending either staff but LB was always thin.  I'm not sure how people are forgetting this but we moved to the 4-2-5 and had a shortage of LBs.  Many of Taggarts best recruits never made it to campus or transferred.  And he did not recruit a lot of LBs... We've been thin since Barrington and DD left. 

This ↑   BUT, as a coach, if you don't have the personnel to run a certain defense, shouldn't you change it? I don't know how you run a defense without linebackers, but... oh, we are trying. It ain't working.

Just wait til next year... again.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

here is a recent article. it states that the ncaa tests for street drugs at championship events only. it also states that the big 12 is the only conference that tests for street drugs but they allow schools to determine punishment.

https://www.newsweek.com/many-colleges-are-less-stringent-athletes-using-pot-ap-investigation-finds-409460

To each his own I guess. I really would not want my son playing for a coach where smoking weed is allowable...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

To each his own I guess. I really would not want my son playing for a coach where smoking weed is allowable...

I've been trying to avoid this part of the discussion but figured if this is where it is now, what the heck.  I don't know if any coach will make a general announcement about it being okay to smoke weed.  BUT, if a student athlete gets caught doing it there are a whole variety of ways to handle it.  It appears Strong's is "you're out" while another may get a half or a game suspension or fill in the # of games ______.  

I for one don't believe our missing RBs are injured.  I do believe they have broken one of the team rules.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Is there any evidence that CCS kicks players off the team for 1st or even 2nd time offenses?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

On 11/4/2018 at 10:32 AM, BayIslandBull said:

LB Cherry transferred here from Texas, then left again when Strong was coming. In fairness, he seemef pretty immature. Kano Dillion transferring to Oregon hurt a lot this year.

For the sake of accuracy. While Cherry did leave Strong at Texas. He announced his decision to leave USF before Taggart left, (he didn't play the UCF game if my memory is correct). He was quoted as being unhappy with promises Taggart's staff made that he believed were not fulfilled. With that being said, I'm sure he would have left when Strong was hired, if he had not already left. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, JTrue said:

That was the point I was going for. The Yankees have a no facial hair policy. It's not going anywhere for Bryce Harper. The Braves have (maybe had, not sure if it's still a thing) a policy in the 90s where you had to show 3 inches of sock from your pants to your shoes when long pants were coming into vogue and people had them hanging on their shoes. And Brad Weitzel's hat policy doesn't seem so stupid now that they won a national championship. I'd be willing to bet most fans think it does a wonderful job grooming young men for a lifetime of following rules set by people before they ever showed up. It's weird how when you win, your "draconian" rules don't seem so ridiculous. 

I had to smile about the long ( longer than "Marine Corps" ) pants comment.  I knew I was getting old when that happened.  The only thing I ever did as a player was to ask my mom cut my leggings and put a strip of elastic in between so I could wear them like the Oakland A's did in the 70s. At first,  I thought the long uniform pants looked like pajama pants. 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

For the sake of accuracy. While Cherry did leave Strong at Texas. He announced his decision to leave USF before Taggart left, (he didn't play the UCF game if my memory is correct). He was quoted as being unhappy with promises Taggart's staff made that he believed were not fulfilled. With that being said, I'm sure he would have left when Strong was hired, if he had not already left. 

Yes, I believe this was the way it went