• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who does this fall on?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So because more people in society are doing it that’s makes it right for athletes to do it? 

where did I say it was "right"? It certainly is their choice.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You make it sound like smoking weed is as common as smoking cigarettes. There are plenty of successful programs where it is not  allowed and plenty of scientific evidence to support potential negative effects. In terms of legalization, this has less to do with acceptance of the product and more of the need for tax revenue streams (much like gambling). As for me, that’s fine if people want to smoke (as long as I don’t have to smell the **** and it does not invade my breathing space) but I do have a problem with a coach not recognizing the product and its potential impact on athletic performance. There is no way putting smoke in ones lungs is going to make them better and this should be the goal of any football coach. Again, as I said earlier, to each his own.

37.8M adults currently smoke cigarettes.

35M adults smoke marijuana monthly

I didn't say it makes them better athletes although there are plenty of top athletes who smoke pot.

I agree to each their own

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yes I have kids. No my rules aren't based off of what their friends can do.

Charlie Strong is a football coach. he is paid to win games. He is not the father of those 85 scholarship players.

They are young adults and can make decisions for themselves just as my kids will be able to when they go off to college.

Here's the big difference.  Your kids didn't agree to follow your rules by being born to you.  Football players agree to follow the rules by accepting a scholarship.