• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The USF Oracle is right... We better blow the doors of UCONN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Im for winning by a couple TDs, keep the guys sharp, but keep the 2 deep guys healthy and fresh so they can finish the tougher part of the schedule fairly rested with no injuries. 

Blowout wins are fun, but means nothing. 

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

Going up big early will take UConn's heart out of it and we will be able to get some backups some reps.  As it has been mentioned, we need to stay healthy as we go into the really tough part of the schedule.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

the second have of the season starts with this game

giphy.gif

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

34 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Going up big early will take UConn's heart out of it and we will be able to get some backups some reps.  As it has been mentioned, we need to stay healthy as we go into the really tough part of the schedule.

I think this is the key. UCONN has probably reached their mental breaking point. If we can jump on them early they will fold like a lawn chair. Their defense is terrible so the opportunities will be there the guys just have to execute and avoid stupid penalties that negate good plays or put us in long yardage situations. Our offense is bad when we get behind schedule. Ideally we get out to a big lead before half and get some of the starters some much needed rest in the second half before we get into the meat of the schedule. I also wouldn't be mad at seeing one of the other QB's get some time running the whole offense if we get up big. You can't replicate those live game reps. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe the Oracle should spend time encouraging more of their fellow students to attend the games and support the 105 student athletes that currently sit at 6-0 regardless of who they play or the style in which it happens.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, SANJAY said:

Maybe the Oracle should spend time encouraging more of their fellow students to attend the games and support the 105 student athletes that currently sit at 6-0 regardless of who they play or the style in which it happens.

Have you seen the student section at the first 3 home games? The students have been showing up so far this year. We just need the rest of the Tampa Bay community to show up 

20180901_181713_HDR.thumb.jpg.b4a0f8e187cb69e890ae47602cd5087e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 hours ago, SANJAY said:

Uhhh...student attendance has not been a problem this year... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

53 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Uhhh...student attendance has not been a problem this year... 

For as many students that USF has, that is a small amount; better than in years past but still a relatively small amount.  That being said, I am still grateful for those that do show up and as I said, it does seem to be improving.

However, if you compare it to other major schools with comparable or even less of a student base, those schools have way more attendance from their students.  Our student section would probably only represent about 10% or less of students that show up at those schools.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, pistonpete said:

For as many students that USF has, that is a small amount; better than in years past but still a relatively small amount.  That being said, I am still grateful for those that do show up and as I said, it does seem to be improving.

However, if you compare it to other major schools with comparable or even less of a student base, those schools have way more attendance from their students.  Our student section would probably only represent about 10% or less of students that show up at those schools.

I think you need to define "major school." In terms of the SEC, yes we are not in that rank for student attendance. In terms of our conference I would say we do a very good job.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think you need to define "major school." In terms of the SEC, yes we are not in that rank for student attendance. In terms of our conference I would say we do a very good job.

I 100% agree with you in that we do well in attendance comparably to others in our conference.  The problem is, I don't want to be compared to others in our conference because then that's all we'll ever achieve. 

Grow the fan base, as it seems we are doing, and hopefully we'll get invited back to where the prominent programs are.