• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The USF Oracle is right... We better blow the doors of UCONN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

I looked at who they have played and all are pretty good this year. We must beat the breaks off of them, but as El Toro said it’s just not Stongs way. If we are up by 30 at halftime most will sit.

Nailed it...every opponent has been undefeated when they played them except for one.  They all have pretty good offenses...I expect us to score, but I agree with this statement.  We score between 30-40 points 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't like overconfidence, especially with Randy Edsall and UConn.  I think we squeak this one out in yet another nail biter.  

I'll be happy if I'm wrong and we win easily, but I'll pretty much be happy however we get the Dub. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Plus, one of their players suffered a stroke this week so I’m sure they’ll be playing with a lot emotion and that will carry them for awhile.  I don’t ever gamble but taking UConn and the points seems like free money.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Plus, one of their players suffered a stroke this week so I’m sure they’ll be playing with a lot emotion and that will carry them for awhile.  I don’t ever gamble but taking UConn and the points seems like free money.  

I’ve never bought into the “win one for the Gipper” as there is no way such emotion can carry a team a full game. Yeah they may be all rah-rah about it early but it dies down. At the end of the day our talent is about 10 times greater than theirs and we win in a cake walk. Give me talent over emotion all day long. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,524
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

We better blow the doors off UCONN ....

... or what?

Worst case scenario is having to put up with another week on here of ******** and moaning about style points and how we'll end the season 8-4 ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just watched highlights of the UConn - Memphis game.  Yeah I know.  I was bored.  Anyway, Memphis is up 48-14 with back up QB in with about 4 minutes left in the game and he chucks it in to the endzone for a late TD.  CCS would never do something like that.  Not saying it’s right or wrong, just an obsevation.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ve never bought into the “win one for the Gipper” as there is no way such emotion can carry a team a full game. Yeah they may be all rah-rah about it early but it dies down. At the end of the day our talent is about 10 times greater than theirs and we win in a cake walk. Give me talent over emotion all day long. 

Plus, I think the Bulls will be playing with a lot of emotion coming off that comeback vs Tulsa. Looking at Twitter I've noticed a lot of players have noticed fans/media questioning them as well. I think they are fired up to make a statement and UConn will be the unfortunate sacrifice. It's homecoming also which always seems to give an added boost as well.

Edited by TakeItOrLeavitt
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

What will a blowout victory accomplish?  It's already been proven that there is a ceiling on our conference, so style points don't matter (even though my blood pressure would appreciate a blowout).  It took me a while to reach this conclusion, but all we need is a win to get us closer to the CCG. One game at a time, go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

49 minutes ago, Justin C said:

What will a blowout victory accomplish?  It's already been proven that there is a ceiling on our conference, so style points don't matter (even though my blood pressure would appreciate a blowout).  It took me a while to reach this conclusion, but all we need is a win to get us closer to the CCG. One game at a time, go Bulls!

It’s all about lowering blood pressure. Remember Cincinnati a few years ago. Putting 50 on them before halftime.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I would love to see us up big in the third quarter and Blake is out of the game and Chris and Kean get some playing time passing the ball.