• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF, Central Michigan cancel 2-game football series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This. Many  delusional people on this board are talking about increasing our schedule strength in order to get to the playoffs. Playoffs are not going to happen. However I still would like a game against a big time program just for the enjoyment of watching the game. 

Not Delusional, Just stating we have no business ever wanting to be in the ******* playoffs if we are afraid of filling out a tough schedule. Also adding more strong games AND WINNING THEM is the only way to show that we deserve it. Playing ******* cupcakes ain't gonna get it done. 

Now if we just want to sit back and enjoy AAC conference championship games and undefeated regular seasons and throw some parades and sh!t... sure. Schedule whoever. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

Not Delusional, Just stating we have no business ever wanting to be in the ******* playoffs if we are afraid of filling out a tough schedule. Also adding more strong games AND WINNING THEM is the only way to show that we deserve it. Playing ******* cupcakes ain't gonna get it done. 

Now if we just want to sit back and enjoy AAC conference championship games and undefeated regular seasons and throw some parades and sh!t... sure. Schedule whoever.  

Considering we've done none of that at this point, I'd love to sit back and enjoy those things. Playoff talk is kind of ridiculous but don't mind the hardest schedule possible in order to have a shot at something else we've never done ...... a NY6 bowl.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Here's the thing.  Even if the playoffs are impossible, no matter who we schedule (I'm not sure that's completely true, but it doesn't matter for this point), playing and beating P5 teams increases our national perception would may help us in the next round of expansion.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Seems pretty late to cancel the series 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

Sounds good sh!t to me since it has never happened in the history of the program...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

On 9/19/2018 at 11:08 PM, SANJAY said:

We’re going to get an FCS team or MAC/Sun Belt replacement. I’d be stunned if we throw another “P5” team on top of Wisconsin, GT and BYU.

We already have future seasons with 3 P5 OOC games on them, so I don't see why adding a 3rd P5 in 2019 would be an issue.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

On 9/20/2018 at 6:16 AM, jchem1995 said:

Troy is no slouch 

23 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

What about Western Kentucky.

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Here's the thing.  Even if the playoffs are impossible, no matter who we schedule (I'm not sure that's completely true, but it doesn't matter for this point), playing and beating P5 teams increases our national perception would may help us in the next round of expansion.

Those would be fun games but it feels like one of those if we win "we should have won" and if we lose we look bad scenarios.  From a national exposure perspective (to Apis Bull's point above) or as a hypothetical playoff booster I so not see what we gain playing those teams.

I would rather play a tough P5 and have something to gain and not as much to lose or a FCS to minimize risk. 

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Considering we've done none of that at this point, I'd love to sit back and enjoy those things. Playoff talk is kind of ridiculous but don't mind the hardest schedule possible in order to have a shot at something else we've never done ...... a NY6 bowl.

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Sounds good sh!t to me since it has never happened in the history of the program...

You are both missing my point. Not that playing and getting our first conference championship wouldn't be great, I'm just saying that shouldn't be the **** ceiling. If it is, then I should quit being a fan. I have always since coming to this university and becoming a fan of football thought we would be able to go head to head with anybody, that's how I competed in my sport put 5 guys at the other end of the field, the best you can find. If I am worthy then I am, if not I can improve, but scheduling and playing down is no way to move a program forward. 

What on earth good will scheduling an FCS school do us? If that is all that is available fine I'll live with it, but if we have the opportunity to play a Miami, or an FSU, or a UF why the hell not? It is out of conference,  what is there to lose? unless going back to my original point you don't think we will be able to get 6 wins in conference next year, let alone win any of the 3 already scheduled OOC games.