• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF, Central Michigan cancel 2-game football series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Agreed.

Sad but true....

1 minute ago, SpeedyBull said:

You are both missing my point. Not that playing and getting our first conference championship wouldn't be great, I'm just saying that shouldn't be the **** ceiling. If it is, then I should quit being a fan. I have always since coming to this university and becoming a fan of football thought we would be able to go head to head with anybody, that's how I competed in my sport put 5 guys at the other end of the field, the best you can find. If I am worthy then I am, if not I can improve, but scheduling and playing down is no way to move a program forward. 

What on earth good will scheduling an FCS school do us? If that is all that is available fine I'll live with it, but if we have the opportunity to play a Miami, or an FSU, or a UF why the hell not? It is out of conference,  what is there to lose? unless going back to my original point you don't think we will be able to get 6 wins in conference next year, let alone win any of the 3 already scheduled OOC games. 

I am ALL IN FAVOR of scheduling a big time opponent at their place. I love the idea! But for different reason than you. I believe that a G5 school WILL NEVER make a four team playoff and no amount of comments will get me to change my mind (which I believe was your opening reason). I would like to have another big time game just to enjoy the experience and maybe get us to a NYD bowl game. That’s all...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am ALL IN FAVOR of scheduling a big time opponent at their place. I love the idea! But for different reason than you. I believe that a G5 school WILL NEVER make a four team playoff and no amount of comments will get me to change my mind (which I believe was your opening reason). I would like to have another big time game just to enjoy the experience and maybe get us to a NYD bowl game. That’s all...

Regardless as to if we would make it in or not, I would still like to always play as strong a competition as possible. Going 13-0 against average competition while nice, isn't really a victory unless you are willing to challenge yourself. This is an opportunity to challenge ourselves and prove yet again that we are a worthy team. If that ALSO happens to improve our stock in a playoff discussion or re alignment discussion great. I just want to get back to the days when we would take on anyone and not look back. Even if it was too much to chew at the time. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

We already have future seasons with 3 P5 OOC games on them, so I don't see why adding a 3rd P5 in 2019 would be an issue.

Only because BYU would be as good or better than most P5 teams we would schedule. Of course if we do I’d be all on board.

Just now, SpeedyBull said:

Regardless as to if we would make it in or not, I would still like to always play as strong a competition as possible. Going 13-0 against average competition while nice, isn't really a victory unless you are willing to challenge yourself. This is an opportunity to challenge ourselves and prove yet again that we are a worthy team. If that ALSO happens to improve our stock in a playoff discussion or re alignment discussion great. I just want to get back to the days when we would take on anyone and not look back. Even if it was too much to chew at the time. 

We agree...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We agree...

WE AGREE! (see it't more fun to shout it at each other :D ) GO Bulls! :GoBulls:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

I like moving up FAU game one year so we can buy some more time on replacing that game in 2020.  And another easy to get to away game next year.  Atlanta and Boca here we come!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I'd also like to add that only teams with an OCS have ever made the playoffs, and along with being Power 5 it's important that USF build an OCS immediately.  Stop wasting money on an IPF.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

What on earth good will scheduling an FCS school do us?

Give us a 7th home game ....

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Give us a 7th home game ....

Translation $$$$$$$