• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF, Central Michigan cancel 2-game football series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Michael Kelly is on record as saying if we run the table next year we better be in the playoffs or some people will have some explaining to do. No offense, but I think he's just a tad bit more knowledgeable in this area than you, I, or anybody else on this board.

And what's going to happen if we get left out? What's his leverage?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

image.png.db2ca22be1120f52212018327e4c4284.png

According to this story these are our options - 

1. Miami as a 1 off

2. FIU

3. Louisiana, UAB and UTSA. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

58 minutes ago, mikemcp88 said:

I'm a little bummed about this from a selfish standpoint since I live in Michigan and saw it as an opportunity to take my kids to their first Bulls game. They were excited about this game and CMU is only a few hours away. Oh well.  

That really sucks. I think a lot of us down here take for granted how fortunate we are as to how often we're able to see the Bulls play ........

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, chapelbull said:

That resume is nothing compared to a 1 or even 2 loss SEC team.   Our conference wins are nothing special.  Wisconsin is the only possible win there that would be overly impressive.

25 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Michael Kelly is on record as saying if we run the table next year we better be in the playoffs or some people will have some explaining to do. No offense, but I think he's just a tad bit more knowledgeable in this area than you, I, or anybody else on this board.

Where is this record? I'd be interested to see how he thinks our undefeated schedule would put us ahead of an undefeated, normal P5's schedule or 1 loss schedule from a God's gift to college football, the SEC.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 hours ago, SANJAY said:

We’re going to get an FCS team or MAC/Sun Belt replacement. I’d be stunned if we throw another “P5” team on top of Wisconsin, GT and BYU.

Unfortunately I think you are right...

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Oh the AD of the school who would hypothetically go undefeated thinks they would be in... so it must be true?

The explanation would be pretty simple in this hypotehtical... "USF plays in the American, their SOS was in the 70's, they didn't face the weekly tests as (Insert SEC/Big 10/ACC 1-loss team here)".

Lets hope we run the table and pull this up in 18 months. I would GLADLY eat crow.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,288
  • Days Won:  10

11 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

@Eric_Soncrant must be disappointed!

Why would Eric be disappointed?

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Where is this record? I'd be interested to see how he thinks our undefeated schedule would put us ahead of an undefeated, normal P5's schedule or 1 loss schedule from a God's gift to college football, the SEC.

I think that Kelly being rah-rah supporting the program 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And what's going to happen if we get left out? What's his leverage?

Honestly, who knows? But I will say IF there is any leverage to be had he would be on the short list of people who would be privy to thar knowledge. I kind of take his comments as maybe he had a back door gentlemen's agreement with his former colleages on his way out that if we run the table next year then we'd earn a spot at the table. Clearly, that's just an assumption though.

Just now, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Honestly, who knows? But I will say IF there is any leverage to be had he would be on the short list of people who would be privy to thar knowledge. I kind of take his comments as maybe he had a back door gentlemen's agreement with his former colleages on his way out that if we run the table next year then we'd earn a spot at the table. Clearly, that's just an assumption though.

Haha no friggin way...

All Kelly is doing through his comments is showing support of the program he works for. You are dreaming if you think a playoff committee will allow a G5 into its party. Not going to happen.