• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What One Win puts the biggest smile on your face

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

1. I'm going with Auburn... only because the road trip to get to Auburn with fellow board member Mattie Gunz made it worthwhile! I flew to North Carolina from Arizona so we could make the roadie (Matt was doing grad school at App State). We called Paul Finebaum that early morning during the drive and told him USF was going to take care of business in Auburn and he mocked our bravado. We got the last laugh when Grothe connected on the OT TD. If we had lost that game, I'm not sure our kicker would have made it back on campus on Monday.

2. The FSU win is second in my book. Another roadie for me... but this time I met some hot blonde MILF while in Pensacola the night before that was an FSU fan and wound up scoring more than FSU that day. She ended up coming to the game with me and crashed in our hotel room that afternoon/night. A great win and a great time (although I missed the entire tailgate due to drinking too much the night before in Pensacola). 

3. The WVU win... by far my favorite USF tailgate EVER. Bought a keg and rented an H2 Hummer after flying in from Arizona with Jorge. I made sure I had every type of insurance you can imagine. Scored with one ex-g/f and one friend with benefits within 24 hours of each other. We did keg stands from the top of the Hummer with random USF coeds (I have pictures), alumnus and Bullspenners. There was a lot of drinking going on to say the least and we started about as early as one could start in 2007. The game was the icing on the cake for a great moment in our history. 

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

2003 Louisville in OT...great game

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

15 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

2003 Louisville in OT...great game

THAT was a great game ... I remember storming the field afterward.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Days Won:  12

Putting ucf at 0 and 12

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

For roadies it's too tuff to choose between Auburn and FSU and ND.  The silencing of the crowd at Auburn when that pass landed complete for a TD just incredible.  My son and I just looked at each other in disbelief then erupted in celebration.

Honorable mention roadies is WVU, Liberty, ECU (first road win vs FBS), Pitt

At home beating ranked WVU or ranked UL are equal wins.

HM home games: first game, USM, Austin Peay, fg kick win,

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

52 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

THAT was a great game ... I remember storming the field afterward.  

People used to question storming the field and if it was beneath us, storming the field was fun, it would be nice to have the fans, desire and reason to do it again. Sure the Bowling Green game may have been a bit over the top but we did beat Urban Meyer, so in hindsight kind of a big deal.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

64-12 is the first that comes to mind....but 31-24 at C. in 2008 was glorious...tough to discount the the WVU game in 2007....I had to miss the FSU game and all of the other great road victories.  I will go with the 2008 C. game as the best win in person.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

People used to question storming the field and if it was beneath us, storming the field was fun, it would be nice to have the fans, desire and reason to do it again. Sure the Bowling Green game may have been a bit over the top but we did beat Urban Meyer, so in hindsight kind of a big deal.

Just to make sure, I was referring to the 2003 home game vs. Louisville.  I honestly don't know anything about the BG game.  

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

I was referring to the 2003 home game vs. Louisville.

No I get that. We started storming the field somewhat regularly and it was always a debate on here. I still have my picture from the TBT as my picture on here I think it’s @IHuckItDeep in the picture as well from the article “fans call unnecessary roughness”. It would be nice to ever again have the necessary factors to have a storming and hopefully the fans don’t take it for granted because it’s been a while. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

WVU game 07.....no doubt for me.  Packed stadium and we were yelling and standing not just me but the people around me nearly all game.  So far that was the pinnacle of USF football that night.

On the road not in person...Auburn...but FSU was pretty close.