• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What One Win puts the biggest smile on your face

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Ive been to Auburn, FSU, and all the big home wins. 

I would have to say FSU slightly edges Auburn.

That was our first time beating one of the big brothers

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

To offset MikeG's depressing topic, let's go with the best win you witnessed in person.

I'm going with Auburn over the WVU and ND games.

ouch bud-- depressing? That hurts. I would have asked your question but that one is so hard to answer. The obvious one is WVU 2007-- and clear choice for most people. 

Since you didn't limit us-- I will also mention the less remembered one that imo put us on the map for the first time was Pitt 2001. It was a strange game in many ways-- and just two days later-- the towers fell. We were lucky to fly out the day before or we might have been stuck in Pittsburgh for over a week. But as a game-- that was pretty awesome. We were big underdogs and ended up winning by a ton. And as much as Beano Cook tried to blame it all on them not playing Larry Fitzgerald - sorry man, but that team was going to lose to us that day.

And in typical USF fashion-- we did not get to enjoy that win very long. 9/11 completely changed everything. In similar fashion-- the win over WVU was also short lived enjoyment as it was followed closely by that Rutgers debacle. So for actual enjoyment level and sustained enjoyment-- Auburn on the road is a great memory. Such a dramatic game with a ton of field goals missed by Alvarado then redemption when he hit a FG to get us to over time where we battled for the win.

Yeah-- your thread is definitely more encouraging. I see your point.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I was at Auburn, it was AWESOME. I was at FSU, it was HOT (and awesome), but... I honestly can't think about that 2007 WVU game without getting goose bumps. Hands down, that is the game for me that takes the cake. Packed house, loud crowd, and Bulls defense neutralizing that potent WVU offense. When I think of where I dream of our program being, that atmosphere, for that one night, that's the dream.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, ForestBull said:

That Lejiste hit is still my favorite ever.

KlutzyLawfulAvians.webp

That was the moment I knew the team was going to bring the pain all day long.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

ONLY one? I think Auburn.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

ONLY one? I think Auburn.

when it comes to wins-- we could probably break it into two-- one for home and one away

Auburn was a great game and a really fun road trip. Unlike Pitt 2001 though-- there were TONS of Bulls fans at the Auburn game-- possibly because it was drive-able.

You would be very hard pressed to even repeat the atmosphere, crowd, setting, opponent and importance of the 2007 WVU game.

Man-- if we could bottle that season, strain out the Rutgers game (maybe the Sun Bowl too) -- it would be the best vintage of USF Football ever made. Maybe the Rutgers game (and other losses)is supposed to be there to give it a slightly bitter taste to counter the sweetness of the great wins.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

36 minutes ago, MikeG said:

when it comes to wins-- we could probably break it into two-- one for home and one away

Auburn was a great game and a really fun road trip. Unlike Pitt 2001 though-- there were TONS of Bulls fans at the Auburn game-- possibly because it was drive-able.

You would be very hard pressed to even repeat the atmosphere, crowd, setting, opponent and importance of the 2007 WVU game.

Man-- if we could bottle that season, strain out the Rutgers game (maybe the Sun Bowl too) -- it would be the best vintage of USF Football ever made. Maybe the Rutgers game (and other losses)is supposed to be there to give it a slightly bitter taste to counter the sweetness of the great wins.

We were on a river cruise in May and, being a small ship/boat, you pretty much interacted with everyone.  There was only 1 bleephole on the ship.  One of our dinner companions one night said that you need a guy like him to appreciate all the other good people onboard.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

FSU '09: RS Fr from tally beats the team that never gave him a look in his first start.

Close second is WVU '07.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

WVU 07! My birthday. Student section was immense. Saw Auburn same year but nothing tops watching Moffitt crossing the goalline in RayJay.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

I agree, you do have to split it up that way in order for it to make sense, because the WVU game, as it happened, DOESN'T happen with the Auburn game as it happened.