• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What One Win puts the biggest smile on your face

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Auburn. hands down.

the image of Jesse holding that ball up as he caught the winning TD in OT will forever be etched in my memory.

i also remember a drunken Bulls fan punching me in the nuts after the Jenk INT (that should have been a pick six). he was kinda just flailing out of pure elation as we all thought it was a TD & he caught me square in the junk.

then we escaped from an angry Auburn campus with the help of our cab driver, who was really just a young Bama fan with an old Buick LeSabre we met the day before... IIRC there was no way to get near the stadium with a car, so he parked as close as he could then ventured onto campus in full Tide gear & helped us find our way out as salty threats & insults rained down on us from some of the dorms we passed. kid had balls & went out of his way to help us out. he was almost as psyched about our win as we were.

the FSU game was great, but we took one of the party busses that left from campus & I got so shizfaced on the drive up most of that day was a blur.

WVU, Kansas, the A-Jax Louisville game... tons of great memories.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

3 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

Auburn. hands down.

the image of Jesse holding that ball up as he caught the winning TD in OT will forever be etched in my memory.

i also remember a drunken Bulls fan punching me in the nuts after the Jenk INT (that should have been a pick six). he was kinda just flailing out of pure elation as we all thought it was a TD & he caught me square in the junk.

then we escaped from an angry Auburn campus with the help of our cab driver, who was really just a young Bama fan with an old Buick LeSabre we met the day before... IIRC there was no way to get near the stadium with a car, so he parked as close as he could then ventured onto campus in full Tide gear & helped us find our way out as salty threats & insults rained down on us from some of the dorms we passed. kid had balls & went out of his way to help us out. he was almost as psyched about our win as we were.

the FSU game was great, but we took one of the party busses that left from campus & I got so shizfaced on the drive up most of that day was a blur.

WVU, Kansas, the A-Jax Louisville game... tons of great memories.

your experience leaving the game is VERY different than what I experienced. In fact- we had to stop USF fans from being drunken idiots and yelling at the friendly fans of Auburn. I can not recall ever going to an away game where the fans were as cordial and accommodating as what we experienced at Auburn-- and I mean from start to finish.

Yeah-- they were shocked mostly-- but I don't know what route you took to run into angry fans-- I suppose it is possible but in all the years since that game, this is the very first time I've ever heard anyone say anything about their fans being threatening, rude or anything like that.

And it wasn't like our group was walking away quietly either-- we were all doing USF cheers as we headed out. I'm am really shocked that you are reporting this.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,423
  • Days Won:  25

WVU was packed and hyped for the game. Auburn win is a close second. In my opinion Grothe had the two biggest wins and that was the peak of the program attendance and hype wise. I just happened to be a student at that time as well so I may have some bias. We were ranked #2 for a short time.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

your experience leaving the game is VERY different than what I experienced. In fact- we had to stop USF fans from being drunken idiots and yelling at the friendly fans of Auburn. I can not recall ever going to an away game where the fans were as cordial and accommodating as what we experienced at Auburn-- and I mean from start to finish.

Yeah-- they were shocked mostly-- but I don't know what route you took to run into angry fans-- I suppose it is possible but in all the years since that game, this is the very first time I've ever heard anyone say anything about their fans being threatening, rude or anything like that.

And it wasn't like our group was walking away quietly either-- we were all doing USF cheers as we headed out. I'm am really shocked that you are reporting this.

I wasn't going to get into it because I know 99% of Bulls fans on the forum thought Auburn fans were Angels that farted glitter but my experience was much different.

the tickets I bought were from AU season ticket holders, so my gf and I spent the first half surrounded by Auburn fans.

on top of spilling drinks on us, loudly declaring their surprise that we had a "Black kicker" (of course Delberado was Latino but, whatever) then proceeding to yell "F*** N-words" randomly during the game, after the game we got some heckling from student housing, including "y'all better get outta here wearing that sh** before u get your ass kicked"

it was just my gf & I. not drunk, no chants, just trying to find Bama Cabbie & get back to Opelika. 

im glad the AU fans were hospitable to u & I'm sure most of their fan base are decent people, but we definitely ran into some bad apples.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

WVU 2007. 65k in the stands. Ray Jay rocking. It felt like we arrived.  

Close second was the Amarri Jackson game. 

Yep. I had the same feeling about this game...

Close second was the Auburn game. That game was just a Roller Coaster with all the missed field goals, etc. I don't remember yelling at the TV as much as I did in that game. Absolutely a thrilling game.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441

64-12 comes to mind for me. It was so fun laughing at the UCF fans as our third string QB was still scoring on them and we completely shut down Kevin Smith. Also one that comes to mind was beating a ranked Temple team in 15 because it finally made it feel like we were on the way up again after so many years of terrible seasons. It helped me get excited again for USF football.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

Auburn....80k plus that were loud as heck til we shut them up.....also wvu road game i believe 2006 Selvie a beast in that game big win for us and Morgantown lives and breathes football, Notre dame, i grew up an irish fan the history and fans there awesome, fsu and wvu at home were electric. Gotta go with Auburn though

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

I wasn't going to get into it because I know 99% of Bulls fans on the forum thought Auburn fans were Angels that farted glitter but my experience was much different.

the tickets I bought were from AU season ticket holders, so my gf and I spent the first half surrounded by Auburn fans.

on top of spilling drinks on us, loudly declaring their surprise that we had a "Black kicker" (of course Delberado was Latino but, whatever) then proceeding to yell "F*** N-words" randomly during the game, after the game we got some heckling from student housing, including "y'all better get outta here wearing that sh** before u get your ass kicked"

it was just my gf & I. not drunk, no chants, just trying to find Bama Cabbie & get back to Opelika. 

im glad the AU fans were hospitable to u & I'm sure most of their fan base are decent people, but we definitely ran into some bad apples.

The day before and all day long @I Bleed Awesomeness and I went out and had a great time with everyone, it was like being celebrities. The game was then awesome as we sat at the top of their stadium surrounded by only USF fans cheering , screaming, hugging and just being on cloud nine. After the game as we ran into the people that bought us drinks, partied with us, invited us to their Greek houses etc. we quickly learned things had changed and no one liked us now that we were no longer novel non-threats but rather Goliath slayers that had done the unthinkable and beaten their team. Yes we were drunk and obnoxious the entire time but that’s the same qualities that had endeared us to the town before we actually won. Still I remember the whole trip fondly.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

There was so much energy in our Bulls corner at that Auburn game, i still get chills....the entire stdium of 80k plus went silent except for our little corner of bulls hugging strangers, sweating our asses off, no voice for 3 days after....it was epic

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

My experience at the Auburn game will never match up with most here since I was taking pictures down on the field. So I had a different route out of there but found my buddies not long after and we just hoofed it out to the free visitor parking. Sorry to hear some of their fans turned ugly at the end.