• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

37 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

The comment is true but unnecessary.  He would not be where he’s at today if not for Joe Kinnan, Quinton Flowers, Marlon Mack etc

But listen Willie, Have a great day if you want to...

Great stuff.  

Edited by CousinRicky

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Taggart wasn't wrong in saying this. Does it make him any less a jerk? No!  However I love Leavitt but he was in over his head and while he got some good players our depth eventually killed us and late season swoons had become the norm. Jim had no plan!

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

#2 was awesome while it lasted, but we couldn't sustain it--history speaks for itself, so he's not wrong. With the program where it was when he took over, of course he's thinking "#2!? sigh...." but at the same time you have to get some energy back in the fans, so "um, SURE, yeah, it's gonna be a fun rise back to #2."

Yeah Willie's about Willie, but he got results with his methods and he was not detached from reality. Many years from now, he'll probably have a few things to say about FSU fans' incoming expectations.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

That quote is spot-on.  At that point the program and fan involvement was at an all time high and we really did nothing to take advantage of it.  If an OCS was a possibility, that was the time to do it.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I doesn't matter if the quote was accurate or not, it was unnecessary to say it.  I never bad-mouth a former employer, even if there were something to bad-mouth them about.  It's just classless.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, gibbsak said:

Has he even won a bowl?

No. But he sounds like he clearly knows how to handle a program that’s winning. Leaving is the only answer he knows so far. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

The truth has become "negative" in our society.  A lie, or in it's fancy verbiage "political correctness" is coveted.  

Go Bulls!

Sorry "its"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Well Willie man up and schedule the Bulls. Other then that, be greatfull for your time at USF and show some humility.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

34 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Taggart wasn't wrong in saying this. Does it make him any less a jerk? No!  However I love Leavitt but he was in over his head and while he got some good players our depth eventually killed us and late season swoons had become the norm. Jim had no plan!

I effing HATE this comment. Not just you, so many people have this feeling... we were in our 10th year overall and 3rd year in a major conference. People act like Leavitt should have been recruiting at a top-10 level based on all of our history and prestige and he somehow failed at that.

As for CWT, it's going to be fun to watch him fail. I don't know if I have ever seen anyone more completely out-coached than he was in that last game against FSU. He'll have a better staff, but, facing stiffer competition. When he continually gets out coached by Mark Richt, the fans will turn on him. 

By the way, I don't think CWTs jab was at USF, it was at the fans with the mentality that No. 2 was easy and that Leavitt failed by not being able to keep us there... it was a jab at the turmoil that comes with being a top-dog and not being able to handle it... it was a jab at "boosters" who used the word plateau because they don't have any perspective on what was actually being accomplished and no understanding that it was miraculous and not something we were just entitled to. With great accomplishments come great (and back then unrealistic) expectations. I don't think Willie was saying that anyone screwed the pooch in 2007, it's what happened after to the program... it's like Tommy Boy with that sale... he loves his sale, he's going to cuddle with it, but, it's a naughty sale,  then... he kills it!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3