• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Q still waiting on his money...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, PCBull14 said:

Since you've updated your response,

The goal was win a championship but you don't do that over night. Thank you for proving why he said exactly what he said to SBNation. His comments have been proved 100% true by this thread. lol. Our fans are a piece of work. 

He has done very little to move up the ranks of head coaching. Most people have to prove they can win something to coach at FSU or even Oregon. He got lucky, plain and simple. When he does show some progress he leaves. Now he is at a place that even losing 2-3 games is not acceptable.

I'll tag this post and if he does have great success there I will admit I was wrong. I just wouldn't hold your breath to see that post

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

51 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Truth is Truth 

You must not be caught up on the news this week. America's Mayor does not agree.

Edited by JTrue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

All I'm saying is that showing a little humility and gratitude goes a long way. It's all well and fine being the ass while you're on the rise but, showing some humility and gratitude while on the rise makes that fall so much softer in the end. :2cents:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Since you've updated your response,

The goal was win a championship but you don't do that over night. Thank you for proving why he said exactly what he said to SBNation. His comments have been proved 100% true by this thread. lol. Our fans are a piece of work. 

His comments aren't about fans.  Fans don't make the "plan".  His comments are about the people running the show that did not parlay our success into bigger and better things (i.e. a move to a P5 conference when the merry go round stopped) and instead we ended up in the aac with ucf as a rival instead of the U.  We went from being at the very least on the verge of being the 4th major program in FL to being just another mid-major who is squandering around with ucf, fau, fiu, etc.

4 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

All I'm saying is that showing a little humility and gratitude goes a long way. It's all well and fine being the ass while you're on the rise but, showing some humility and gratitude while on the rise makes that fall so much softer in the end. :2cents:

I hear what you are saying, but they were asking questions relating to the state of college football in the state.  His statements may be insightful and relevant to USF's current plight.  I don't think he meant it as a jab.

I wonder if he saw things different once he was here as it related to the way things were being done in the athletic department and the university that changed his outlook on national title chances?   I wonder if the reality of the P5 vs. not the P5 set in?  Maybe he was just offered a boat load of money to go to Oregon and then to come to FSU.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

CWT spoke truth.  Sorry if it hurts.  That's the thing about truth, it is what it is.  You can either use it to make yourself and those around you better, or you can get offended and blame others for your issues.  

57 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

The funny thing is FSU fans will be expecting him to get the team to not #2 but #1. He is coming in after Jimbo. 

The guy lost to McNeese ******* St. He is not a good coach. QF covered up so many of his defencicies. He better pray he finds a qb who can win with poor coaching.

This post is so full of fail I'm at a loss ... sure, blame the guy who ended up turning our program around for losing his first game coming after the worst coach in program history.  That makes sense.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

The plan was bring in Skippy and he crapped the bed. I blame Skippy. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Whenever there is a media reference about the great things CWT did at USF their should always be an * next to it with the words Quinton Flowers as the footnote. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

The plan was bring in Skippy and he crapped the bed. I blame Skippy. 

I have very little doubt that any plan that was in place was seriously derailed by the exit of CJL.  That could very well be a large part of what CWT is referring to ... the lack of a "plan" post CJL.