• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

There are bowl tie ins and the quality of conferences matters.  

Yeah that’s the unfortunate reality

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,281
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, chapelbull said:

There are bowl tie ins and the quality of conferences matters.  That Texas Tech someone was bragging about beating in the bowl game was 3-6 last year in the Big 12.  They were terrible in what was overall an average p5 conferences and we edged them out with one of our best teams ever

Yet they beat TEXAS and had a better season than them. We beat TT and were not ranked, but TEXAS was. This is a blatant bias that proves TEXAS is still a crap program losing to MARYLAND who was terrible last year.

We will beat GT next week and move up in the ranking. I think Cronkite was held out on purpose to use him against GT with no tape on him with us.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Texas lost to an unranked team and had a worse season than us last year. We finished with a better record than them and beat Texas Tech who beat them and is in their conference.  Please honestly explain how they deserved to be ranked over us. The only thing is they come from a p5 conference.

How are you enjoying American football? Welcome to our country and ask any questions about this new sport you've chosen to follow.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

12 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Texas lost to an unranked team and had a worse season than us last year. We finished with a better record than them and beat Texas Tech who beat them and is in their conference.  Please honestly explain how they deserved to be ranked over us. The only thing is they come from a p5 conference.

Image result for newborn baby gif

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,524
  • Days Won:  422

22 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Yet they beat TEXAS and had a better season than them. We beat TT and were not ranked, but TEXAS was. This is a blatant bias that proves TEXAS is still a crap program losing to MARYLAND who was terrible last year

Unless it's a playoff game, a bowl game is nothing more than a post season exhibition game and really shouldn't have any effect on rankings of any kind.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

14 hours ago, chapelbull said:

There are bowl tie ins and the quality of conferences matters.  That Texas Tech someone was bragging about beating in the bowl game was 3-6 last year in the Big 12.  They were terrible in what was overall an average p5 conferences and we edged them out with one of our best teams ever

I think USF has had a few teams better than last years. If we have to win a game, sorry but I'm not picking Gilbert to coach a Quinton Flowers run offense. Give me 2007, 2008, 2016, and likely this year with Barnett running the offense. Though I agree with your point, it was definitely one of our better teams

Edited by NavyUSFGuy

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

6 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

I think USF has had a few teams better than last years. If we have to win a game, sorry but I'm not picking Gilbert to coach a Quinton Flowers run offense. Give me 2007, 2008, 2016, and likely this year with Barnett running the offense. Though I agree with your point, it was definitely one of our better teams

2016 was not one of our better teams... it was one of our best offenses.  Defensively it was the worst season in school history.  Or have people forgotten Woodie was the DC?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

We gave up more yards and points than any team we've had in 2016.  They just outscored people. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I still think 2016 was better, they just crapped the bed vs Temple. If 2016 played 2017 10 times, I'd guess 2016 wins 6 or 7 out of 10, just my opinion. The 2017 schedule was butter soft too, so I'm not sure you can definitively say it was that much better on defense, though there was improvement

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

I still think 2016 was better, they just crapped the bed vs Temple. If 2016 played 2017 10 times, I'd guess 2016 wins 6 or 7 out of 10, just my opinion. The 2017 schedule was butter soft too, so I'm not sure you can definitively say it was that much better on defense, though there was improvement

We lost that temple game because Woodie had no clue how to coach against an unbalanced line. FSU did the same thing to us earlier in the year. The defense is definitely coached better and that alone makes it much better compared to 2016