• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

44 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

No problem sir. The ranking are always will be bias to the p5 conferences because they draw more interest and bring in more money. The ranking really do not necessarily mean the top 25 teams in the country. The  ranks are used to draw hype and bring in money to the NCAA and p5 conferences. Until we get to a p5 conference we will always deal with it.

The rankings are opinions.  Preseason rankings are based on what the voters think teams will do.  Of course there is some bias.  You're biased.  I doubt anyone outside of USF thinks we should be ranked, but you do

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Well, the Coaches Poll comes out tomorrow. We were ranked #44 (others receiving votes), so lets see if we mo e up one or two spots.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Here's the interesting thing. Louisville wasn't ranked and had like 3 votes in the preseason AP poll. And then they got pummeled by bama, so they will never see the light of day this week (things change from week to week!).

My point here is that we shouldn't expect so much about votes and whatnot when a program like Louisville is overlooked.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

What's everyone's thoughts on how many wins out of the gate it'll take for us to be ranked? My gut tells me 6-0. And slow moving climbing upwards after that. 

25 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

What's everyone's thoughts on how many wins out of the gate it'll take for us to be ranked? My gut tells me 6-0. And slow moving climbing upwards after that. 

For the AP Poll that would be correct. 4-0 should do it for the coaches Poll. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

41 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

You are correct on the slow climb.  Once you are relegated to the steamer divisions, er P6, you have to have multiple dominant seasons and can't slip up one bit.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

I think it depends a lot on this week and next. Dominate wins in both we might be 25. We won't get much if any help from beating ECU or UMass. Maybe a little from Tulsa if they're improved over last year, some pundits think they are. Nothing from  UCan't. Final 5? There's a lot of upsets ahead of USF in the polls, so we'll see. 2¢:GoBulls:

6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I think it depends a lot on this week and next. Dominate wins in both we might be 25. We won't get much if any help from beating ECU or UMass. Maybe a little from Tulsa if they're improved over last year, some pundits think they are. Nothing from  UCan't. Final 5? There's a lot of upsets ahead of USF in the polls, so we'll see. 2¢:GoBulls:

God our conference sucks ass this year. It used to be just the bottom now the middle of the conference is getting beat.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/1/2018 at 10:34 PM, E.T. said:

Cincy won AT UCLA

That game was a ******** $how

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

In ‘16, we were never ranked in the AP until after the season in which we finished 11-2 and a Bowl win vs South Carolina. Even our win vs a ranked Navy team couldn’t do it. What did us in was a blow out loss to FSU early in the year. Otherwise, we are looked at as a good team in a bad conference with no quality wins. In order to be AP ranked this year, we HAVE to beat GT and remain undefeated until late October IMO.