• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

And the Houston lost last year? We had the same record with a softer schedule. And our offense could not get going at all vs Houston and I thought the game was winnable but we played extremely passive on offense, especially since our running game was significantly worse losing Mack and Adams.

Also I'm sure we all understand that neither year's team was beating 2016 Florida st so we can't pin that on woodie

Edited by NavyUSFGuy

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

And the Houston lost last year? We had the same record with a softer schedule. And our offense could not get going at all vs Houston and I thought the game was winnable but we played extremely passive on offense, especially since our running game was significantly worse losing Mack and Adams

Yup that game plan was awful but Houston puts up probably 17 more points against Woody. The offense covered up a lot of warts in 16. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Guys, he was just a warm body that served as the title of defensive coordinator. NO WAY WOODIE WAS A DC, EVER.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

This might be a better debate to have after next week vs GA tech. Honestly USF never played against power house running teams last year (outside of Tulane, but its Tulane ok) which was what we hated woodie for in 2016, saying that our team could not defend the run.

If Strong can prove that his defenses can defend the run against a strong running team like GA Tech, then maybe I'll buy it that 2017 was better. But as of right now, I just think Cook (FSU), and Thomas, Armstead, Sharga (Temple) of 2016 would have and still can run all over us. 

Don't forget that Woodie actually held Navys power run pretty well in 2016, (ignore the final score, Navy scored garbage time scores) so it wasn't a complete roll over.  

Going into this year, Barnett has a huge arm and is a much better fit for Gilbert's offense. Wilcox looks faster, Mccants looks comfortable in his leadership role, Mike Hampton looks like a very good compliment to Ronnie Hoggins and I Think 2018 and 2016 USF are better than 2017. Mark it down, I think we beat GA tech this week despite them running down our throats. We will because we actually have a big arm QB with a bunch of great talent at WR. Why do you think Barnett wanted to come here? 

Edited by NavyUSFGuy

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

50 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Why do you think Barnett wanted to come here? 

Because he knew he would start.  And it is close enough to the east coast for his wife to surf

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

we dont deserve to be ranked

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

16 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Image result for newborn baby gif

it is about the conference

usf needed to beat orlando for national respect

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

20 minutes ago, smazza said:

we dont deserve to be ranked

Not yet, we would minimum need a quality win over GT. A blow out would do it, yes I know I am dreaming. I am just hoping for a W followed by a whole bunch more this season. If we are ranked at by black Friday great. It doesn't look like we will have many quality opponents this year. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

16 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Publix

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

17 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

48 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Publix

Undeniably the reason. He had an OCP at Bama and then the cold slap of reality hit when he had to resort to Safeway at ASU .... No OCP here, no BB.