• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Adidas Uniforms  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Seriously . . . why isn't this about the Sun Dolls :) 

Yes! Where are their new uniforms?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

Doesn't look like a font we have used in the past? Not sure this is my favorite font but the rest of the uniform is sharp!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

46 minutes ago, Brad said:

I can’t Believe USF resonates any more than South Florida.  

Out west, USF connotates to Univ. of San Francisco mostly.  Or, to the more enlightened, that college in Orlando or Tampa where Daunte Culpepper played.  

I have heard both along with, "the school that went undefeated" or "the Knights right?" Many a time as well. It is University of South Florida for me 9 out of 10 times. Also on Twitter the sheer amount of schools that use USF as well when trying to read stuff about the school... San Francisco, Saint Francis and Sioux Falls all use USF predominantly. I'm good with the switch in branding.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Technically, we are not as geographically challenged as you might think.  We are south of the geographic center of the state.

" The geographic center of Florida is located in Hernando County, 12 miles NNW of Brooksville.
Longitude: 81° 37.9'W
Latitude: 28° 8.0'N "

http://www.netstate.com/states/geography/fl_geography.htm

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,537
  • Days Won:  422

58 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Up north University of South Florida does not resonate compared to the acronym USF. If I tell someone I went to USF they will recognize that more than South Florida 

**** the way they do it up there!

To me the "South Florida" looks sharper across the jerseys than the USF would. They've got the :iconic_u_black: representing so I'm good with them. I do agree with Brad that not sure that one resonates over the other, and one is a lot closer to the school "up I-4" so the USF could still generate some confusion. Now if the Kanigits want to start using the stupidly annoying just 'C' everywhere maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

False ... Game Notes to broadcasters specifically request USF, not South Florida. 

So we specifically request USF and don’t get it...ever? You and I have heard different information on the University’s preference.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So we specifically request USF and don’t get it...ever? You and I have heard different information on the University’s preference.

I think I have seen “South Florida” in the ESPN score thread. However, it is rare when “USF” is not used by the media. Articles, press releases by the University, etc. almost always say USF. I believe the new medical building in downtown says USF on the side. I think this is why USF is more recognized compared to “South Florida” up here. I have no idea why the alternative is being used now...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm clearly in the minority, and maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm not loving the new uniforms.  A bit too shiny on the gloves & the gold numbers look a bit cheesy.  Looks a bit like we're borrowing from Oregon or Baylor.

But, I REALLY don't like the green/yellow '70s Oakland A's scheme, so maybe this works  Hopefully the players like them, as my opinion isn't key...and I'm just looking forward to seeing them winning.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The all green looks good. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think I have seen “South Florida” in the ESPN score thread. However, it is rare when “USF” is not used by the media. Articles, press releases by the University, etc. almost always say USF. I believe the new medical building in downtown says USF on the side. I think this is why USF is more recognized compared to “South Florida” up here. I have no idea why the alternative is being used now...

ESPN uses South Florida on its website. Google uses South Florida in its news, scores, etc. And we were South Florida v. UCF for last year’s game.

ESPN is hands down the largest sports information distributor and Google is the largest distributor of all information. I think the South Florida thing might be sneaking out to the masses.

46E5B8B8-B814-4971-B973-52E41486ECFD.thumb.png.df6d1f377cc425f339939c99ffadc51d.png73C893E0-6D39-4708-8B25-8D4959DE355F.thumb.png.afc34403877af2eef0894521fb36688a.png

Edited by JTrue