• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Adidas Uniforms  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But I will say this, you won’t find me buying any merchandise that says “South Florida” on it...it’s USF or nothing for me. 

What if it has both on there?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

34 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I’ve seen a lot of negative feedback on twitter from people who are supposed to be our fans

It's Twitter. 90% of those with it use it to mainly ***** about something. Our poll, a much better cross section of fans,  has it 3-1 in favor of them ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

Did some research on Adidas and it seems like it's not even the newest technology for this year according to this article. Looks like only P5 schools get the new stuff. I kinda agree with the poster above, they look pretty generic. Someone even posted on Twitter how similar they are to a local high school. My issue is, the font, most schools have a certain trademarked reconizable font that matches their branding, and I've never seen this font before.

https://news.adidas.com/us/Latest-News/adidas-to-debut-the-primeknit-a1-football-uniform-for-the-2018-army-all-american-bowl/s/3992901a-6da2-457c-abc5-92ba8c7caa0d

"The new adidas Primeknit A1 Football Uniforms will be featured on several adidas collegiate programs for the 2018-19 season, including Arizona State, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Rutgers and Texas A&M."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334

Also, I was hoping we would get similar effort put into our brand as ECU got this year. Although it looks like they have an agreement to change uniforms every 2 years, and this branding took them 18 months to complete. So I'm guessing we will have to be pretty generic for a couple years. Watch the video in the link below to see how much more attention they got on their uniform vs. ours. Also, after doing more searching it looks like they are getting the new uniform template this year, so it's not just P5 schools getting the new stuff.

"This innovative development is an example of how the multi-year partnership with the sports brand can, and will, further ECU's brand recognition and national exposure."

https://ecupirates.com/news/2018/4/24/general-ecu-and-adidas-partner-to-create-brand-pattern.aspx

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

This is kind of what I see when I first looked at these:

image.jpeg.bf287440b5215e6a89fc72283098bba0.jpeg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Catsdontpaytaxes said:

I am shocked not only at how awful -- nay, generic our new unis are, but by the reaction seemingly supporting them. 

We are firmly in the middle of our most productive run as program, including the QF years, the highly-watched USF/UCF game, and are most recognizable in our sick futuristic Bull-breaking-the-sound-barrier unis of today. The school should have worked out a better deal as this is absolutely unacceptable. I'm insulted.

I knew the exit fee money was drying up soon and Athletics budget is being slashed, but even other Go5 programs have unis that try. 

This is literally a amateur Adidas football uniform template with the words 'South Florida' on it. 

I'm surprised they even bothered to put the U on the shoulder and that is 100% not hyperbole.

You do realize that we don't pay Adidas.  They pay us.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486

Better than nothing.  Looks like they had an intern type in Green/Gold scheme into Addidas Uniform Designs and they just picked something similar to what had been done before.  It was starting to grow on me until someone posted the picture of the high school jersey that looks similar.