• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Adidas Uniforms  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Unless you live in California almost no one gets us and San Fran confused. Our USF brand is national. We passed them back in 07 and I remember them being pissed about it. 

I agree completely. First thing anyone thinks of when seeing this jersey is Bobby Russell .....

image.png.47fa96e8f958b63b56eaa064bc0c293f.png

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I agree completely. First thing anyone thinks of when seeing this jersey is Bobby Russell .....

image.png.47fa96e8f958b63b56eaa064bc0c293f.png

Cute...seriously you leave the west coach and very few see USF as San Fran. Hell, most have no idea who Bill Russell is now. He disappeared with that other USF. Football is the dog, all other college sports are the tail and San Fran football ended many decades ago. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Cute...seriously you leave the west coach and very few see USF as San Fran. Hell, most have no idea who Bill Russell is now. He disappeared with that other USF. Football is the dog, all other college sports are the tail and San Fran football ended many decades ago. 

So no one outside of California, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, the entire Pacific time zone and half the Mountain...about 30% of the population, conservatively, can't distinguish between the two. Yeah...there's no reason for us to use South Florida over USF.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

I first heard of the other USF when I was working at Barnett Bank in Tampa and my boss gave me a USF  shirt, the San Francisco USF type.  Thought he was funny.

That was about 25 years ago...I may have had one of the first USF (San Francisco style) shirts in Tampa.  I wore it.  But didn't find it funny.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Unless you live in California almost no one gets us and San Fran confused. Our USF brand is national. We passed them back in 07 and I remember them being pissed about it. 

We are also proud in IT that someone had the foresight to grab usf.edu before they could get it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Do you bring your glove to baseball games?

Who needs a glove anymore?

https://youtu.be/dGzH96L-uQU

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So no one outside of California, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, the entire Pacific time zone and half the Mountain...about 30% of the population, conservatively, can't distinguish between the two. Yeah...there's no reason for us to use South Florida over USF.

No, as I stated in my initial post, our USF has surpassed the other in the west. Sure there are exceptions but our brand is greater than theirs. Once CFB starts back up and someone in Cali I’d discussing USF I don’t think they will be referring the San Fran. In terms of using South Florida...don’t get me started. 

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

I first heard of the other USF when I was working at Barnett Bank in Tampa and my boss gave me a USF  shirt, the San Francisco USF type.  Thought he was funny.

That was about 25 years ago...I may have had one of the first USF (San Francisco style) shirts in Tampa.  I wore it.  But didn't find it funny.

It sucks that the colors are the same...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I think the fact that we have to debate whether or not we have surpassed U of San Fran just points out the problem with attaching your brand to an acronym. I only know two schools going by South Florida and one is a state college that I’m sure many on here have never heard of. 

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Upvote 2

I had the privilege of attending this game...lot of confused folks there

image.png

Oh, and just last week I just had a baseball coach at a prospect summer league see me sitting in a chair in this shirt:

image.png

and asked if I "was a scouting for South Florida, or San Francisco, right?"  I said "South Florida" but didn't have time to deny I was a scout before he could tell me about his third baseman....should probably pass him on to Coach Mohl.  :) 

I'm not kidding.  I give the guy credit for seeing the U and knowing it had to be South Florida or San Francisco..... at least he didn't say"re you scouting with USF or USF, right?"

With that said, I love the SOUTH FLORIDA on the jersey and the U on the shoulders!

Less than 40 days .....

• Upvote 1