• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Adidas Uniforms  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m copying and pasting like they did, they didn’t design and neither will my business. If people like generic single color screen printing I can do that. You supply the message and logo and we slap it on the T-shirt, that’s the business model.

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It really looks like we didn’t want to pay the extra five dollars for multi color prints.

LOL ... I'm in the printing business and you sound like many clients we have that have no idea how the business works, but are quick to believe they do because they are cheap and don't understand all the costs and resources involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

LOL ... I'm in the printing business and you sound like many clients we have that have no idea how the business works, but are quick to believe they do because they are cheap and don't understand all the costs and resources involved.

So enlighten me, how much efffort and resources does it take to make the exact same print, in the exact same single colors , changing only the letters and logo that are supplied to you?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

I’m actually liking them more the more that I look at them. Although, I tend to like classic, basic unis.

The gold numbers seem to really show up well in the light as evidenced by the players’ photo taken outside.

Compared to UAs unis the last couple years I like this uni a lot more. The beige was weak.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

All companies and the school really only care about is the material that is being used and that can be expensive, appearance takes a back seat. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So enlighten me, how much efffort and resources does it take to make the exact same print, in the exact same single colors , changing only the letters and logo that are supplied to you?

I can't tell you, bro ... just being honest about what I do know, and not acting like I know something I don't.  

I don't mind the unis ... let's all just agree that the unis have taken on the personality of our head FB coach.  :D

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

I can't tell you, bro ... just being honest about what I do know, and not acting like I know something I don't.  

I may have only designed a few things for print but I do know quite a bit about systems. Typically designing something originally takes a bit of effort but repeating it with new data is the easiest thing in the entire world, especially if the data points are two. You know this took zero effort, no one has to act like they know something to know it you can look at the other examples and see it.

5 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I don't mind the unis ... let's all just agree that the unis have taken on the personality of our head FB coach.  :D

There is always common ground to be found in any argument.

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I may have only designed a few things for print but I do know quite a bit about systems. Typically designing something originally takes a bit of effort but repeating it with new data is the easiest thing in the entire world, especially if the data points are two. You know this took zero effort, no one has to act like they know something to know it you can look at the other examples and see it.

Actually, in our business, design is our biggest expense.  Clients who use our designers to create graphics for printing are paying for the service of design, not for the actual design deliverable.  If they want that, they have to pay additional for it.  

I could be wrong, but I think it's highly doubtful that USF owns the design that UA did for them, so assuming they didn't, Adidas had to come up with the design we are seeing on their own.  UA would NEVER give Adidas their designs.  It's also incredibly likely that wasn't the only one that was offered by Adidas.  I'm guessing USF had a large portfolio of designs Adidas came up with to choose from, and that's what they selected.

My guess is that any ire over the designs our players will be wearing this season should be directed at USF, not Adidas.  I would lay down $100 saying that this is the one USF chose out of a few to choose from.

Edited by GaUSFBull

6 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Actually, in our business, design is our biggest expense.  Clients who use our designers to create graphics for printing are paying for the service of design, not for the actual design deliverable.  If they want that, they have to pay additional for it.  

I could be wrong, but I think it's highly doubtful that USF owns the design that UA did for them, so assuming they didn't, Adidas had to come up with the design we are seeing on their own.  UA would NEVER give Adidas their designs.  It's also incredibly likely that wasn't the only one that was offered by Adidas.  I'm guessing USF had a large portfolio of designs Adidas came up with to choose from, and that's what they selected.

My guess is that any ire over the designs our players will be wearing this season should be directed at USF, not Adidas.  I would lay down $100 saying that this is the one USF chose out of a few to choose from.

My point is that there was no design they gave us a book of hs templates and said here you go pick what you want like you later suggested. We got the tattoo equivalent of flash art and it would be nice if we could have at least got make some marginal tweaks so we could at least pretend Adidas cares more about our relationship than they do about George Jenkins High School. No way we own UA designs and no way we should have copied them but the colleges Adidas cares about have some degree of creativity to them, ours does not, they put zero effort into this canned product and it shows.

• Like 1