• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong needs to go!

Guest PCBull14
38 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Yep, I give reviews every year and have for many.  There is adifference between outstanding and perfection.  Those who thought this team would go undefeated and be invited to the plsyoff should be examined for brain activity.

At my job, they'd be asking if everything was ok at home because your performance has slipped noticeable. 

So his next evaluation period is on the clock. We'll see if he gets a raise or a plan of action with a written warning. 

Edited by PCBull14

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  149

33 minutes ago, bulloni said:

If Strong does leave who would you want to be the new coach? 

I like Larry Scott but his Tennesse's offense was terrible this year.

Manny Diaz has Miami's defense looking amazing and his players seem to love him.

Lane Kiffin has FAU looking good but he'd be likely to leave after a successful season. 3 coaches in 3 years is tough.

Butch Davis has roots in Florida but is pretty old already, 66.

Jim Mcelwain wasn't too bad at UF, just not good enough for their high expectations.

Jeremy Pruitt led FSU to the #1 D in the nation the year they won it all, currently Alabama's Dcoordinator. Only 43.

barf -- if that is our set of choices, let's keep Charlie.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Charlie Brown isn’t going anywhere unless a lot of coaches get moved around. He didn’t do his stock any favors this year

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure if I am just getting older and my expectations are becoming more tempered, but I honestly think we should just be happy with what we have with CCS.

Let's not forget that it wasn't that long ago that we were struggling with Skip Holtz and the early years of Taggart. All we wanted was some consistency and what I learned from the Skip Holtz era is that being able to recruit around Florida is the #1 asset that a coach at a FLA program needs to have. CCS can do that; it's only been 1 yr so he hasn't had enough time to prove that he can't do it. We've seen him do it at UF and UL.

I doubt he moves on to a P5 program at this point in his career. He's a "retread" coach for P5 programs at this point, and he might be a little too old when compared to up-and-coming coaches like Frost. In other words, he's probably a perfect fit for us here at USF and is probably the best candidate to provide stability and long-term tenure.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  149

I don't think we are saying we are not happy with CCS-- maybe we are just indifferent.

Regardless- if you see his name being mentioned in coaching searches, he will eventually get poached and who would blame him from taking big money and P5 job potential?

It's all out of our hands anyway. Win-win for USF== if he stays, no problem. If he goes-- we get paid and find a new coach, perhaps someone with good Florida ties and lots of potential.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Strong could own this conference if he lets the offense play wide open, keeps recruiting well and fires the special teams coach.

Hope he makes some adjustments. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

If Strong does leave who would you want to be the new coach? 

I like Larry Scott but his Tennesse's offense was terrible this year.

Manny Diaz has Miami's defense looking amazing and his players seem to love him.

Lane Kiffin has FAU looking good but he'd be likely to leave after a successful season. 3 coaches in 3 years is tough.

Butch Davis has roots in Florida but is pretty old already, 66.

Jim Mcelwain wasn't too bad at UF, just not good enough for their high expectations.

Jeremy Pruitt led FSU to the #1 D in the nation the year they won it all, currently Alabama's Dcoordinator. Only 43.

Why would anyone at USF want someone from the Skip Holtz coaching tree?

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Strong is a good recruiter and in a weak conference like the AAC where sheer talent outweighs XOs that is all we need.

Taggart proved it 

Keep Charlie, hope he stays.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I have to wonder why Burke is still employed at this moment. Given the body of work for the season we don't need him for the bowl game. An immediate termination would send a signal that we demand results.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 hours ago, MikeG said:

I don't think we are saying we are not happy with CCS-- maybe we are just indifferent.

Regardless- if you see his name being mentioned in coaching searches, he will eventually get poached and who would blame him from taking big money and P5 job potential?

It's all out of our hands anyway. Win-win for USF== if he stays, no problem. If he goes-- we get paid and find a new coach, perhaps someone with good Florida ties and lots of potential.

Holy ****, where have you been