• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong needs to go!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

Just because a blog says it doesn't make it true.  Hell, most of the time, I assume it's not true.

So are you saying you'd be surprised if this particular rumor were true? Tbh I'd be surprised if it were NOT true. But no one except for him knows for sure I guess.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Again why would someone hire a coach that was a disaster at Texas and won this year with someone else’s recruits? No way he leaves. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Some of you must be perfection in your chosen jobs every second or by your standards you should fired.  Must be tough to be Christ like all day everyday.

CCS is outstanding and my hope is he's here a very long time.

Go Bulls!

Don't know about you, but every year we go through a year-end evaluation process. Generally speaking, it's very difficult for a first year person to get an outstanding rating, and I think CCS is no different. This game was the biggest deliverable of the year, and he failed to deliver. Calling for his head is a bit much at this stage, but it's fair to be critical. 

In the positive category, Strong took over a working team and incurred very little drop off in production. Defense improved some and school leadership has bought in to improving facilities and looking into an on campus stadium.

In the development areas, Strong has some heavy lifting to do next year and needs his team to improve in several areas: Special teams, play calling, clock management all declined. On soft skills development, he could also use some improvement in attitude and leadership as he neither gives the impression that he wants to be here, nor is he willing to win over fans and sell this program with style, swagger, and fun.

I could go on and on .... but you get the idea. By my standards, I'm not happy with this year's performance and I do not think he's done an outstanding job. I think Strong and this team were exposed and he has more work ahead of him than behind him. If this year was the year we shouldacouldawoulda won it all with tallent, then next year with a green QB and lots of spots to fill in his roster with Senior exits is going to be much harder. Next year will tell just how good or not he is and there will be no room to deflect blame.

Can he be a success story yet? Sure, I have one guy on my team move from almost getting fired to an outstanding rating in two years. But it takes hard work and desire, and based on this year's output I'm not sure if he's the right fit. If he decides to stay, we'll find out. If he leaves, he was never the right person for the job and I'm happy to see him go. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Again, you must be some performer on your job.  

I’d be willing to bet that many of us hold ourselves accountable when something at work doesn’t go well.  I sure try to.  Just doesn’t seem like that’s being done, at least verbally, by CCS.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  149

let's understand that if someone is responding in this thread they are not indicating that CCS needs to be fired. Some are getting all pissy about his response saying 9-2 was as success. It is not the correct coach speak answer they needed but it was an answer to the way the question was asked. If you ask him if finishing third in the conference was something that made him happy-- he would probably NOT say yes. But that was not the question-- regardless of how someone can twist the answer around with some rewording of the question.

No-- USF should not fire CCS. Not at all. Most of us think he would jump at the chance to move on to a P5 team. I can see Arkansas as a likely candidate. And if he does-- good for him-- it is the right move. Odds are pretty good USF will not get 9 or 10 wins next season. We are losing a ton of talent to graduation. Strong leaving USF is inevitable imo-- so the conversation is not that he should leave but who should we think about getting going forward when the CCS domino eventually falls (after the Chip Kelly domino starts the whole process as most think).

Anyone thinking CCS has not done a good enough job to remain head coach is delusional. They are also shortsighted in that if we fire him, we have to pay him. If he gets hired away-- someone pays USF whatever his buyout number might be (anyone have that number handy?). Considering our team will likely regress, at least in terms of total wins, hoiping someone comes along and picks up CCS before the that is just looking out for our bottom line. All the money we save having him picked up by another school can be used for the next guy we bring in and their assistants.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

30 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I think Gator fans and boosters want someone with an offensive track record, and don’t want any defensive-type HC’s at this point. That’s why you are hearing names like Kelly and Frost.

Agreed, and that’s why Taggart’s name has resurfaced lately.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Yep, I give reviews every year and have for many.  There is adifference between outstanding and perfection.  Those who thought this team would go undefeated and be invited to the plsyoff should be examined for brain activity.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

The overanalyzing of post game comments is a ******* joke ... It doesn't matter one bit what CCS says in response to questions from a media hoping to stir **** up, and as usual our fans deliver. What matters is what he told the players in the lockerroom.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

If Strong does leave who would you want to be the new coach? 

I like Larry Scott but his Tennesse's offense was terrible this year.

Manny Diaz has Miami's defense looking amazing and his players seem to love him.

Lane Kiffin has FAU looking good but he'd be likely to leave after a successful season. 3 coaches in 3 years is tough.

Butch Davis has roots in Florida but is pretty old already, 66.

Jim Mcelwain wasn't too bad at UF, just not good enough for their high expectations.

Jeremy Pruitt led FSU to the #1 D in the nation the year they won it all, currently Alabama's Dcoordinator. Only 43.

Guest PCBull14
2 hours ago, crambone said:

After the game when asked if 9-2 was a success and he replied “yes” he officially lost my vote of confidence. Guy comes in here at 11-2 last year and tells our players that is “nothing” and rests on 9-2 as a good season?  Sorry, Charlie, you have back-up your Coach-Speak or don’t do it in the first place. 

He ia gone after next season, for sure. 

This. Just listened to that actually and was shaking my head. 

I don't get this program at all.