• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong needs to go!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, MikeG said:

They are also shortsighted in that if we fire him, we have to pay him. If he gets hired away-- someone pays USF whatever his buyout number might be (anyone have that number handy?). 

500k a year for whatever remains (2.5M if before December 31st, 2.0M after)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Hueyhog20 said:

This game exposed him (officially). He doesn’t know what to do with talent, so what will he do with a young and less talented team next year? He’s Skip Holz Redux. Really, can’t go through that again. He needs to go!! 

In my opinion, he seems to be another overrated coach on the carousel of coaches who will leave here as soon as the next Power Five conference team makes an offer to him.  Again in my opinion, if he is still here for next season, it wasn't his choice to do so.   Think of this:  It took an entire season for the USF football team that we thought that we had coming into this season to show up for a full game.  'Relentless intensity and passion for all four quarters on both sides of the ball."   This was most certainly not the case in the first ten games of the season.  Corralling our amazing quarterback to some extent all season was no way to win a conference title.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

9 minutes ago, raginbull76 said:

This was most certainly not the case in the first ten games of the season.  Corralling our amazing quarterback to some extent all season was no way to win a conference title.  

I guess this needs to be repeated until it sinks in. QF could have been totally "unleashed", we scored 70 pts a game, been 10-0 going into this game and we still wouldn't be winning a conference title.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 hours ago, MikeG said:

let's understand that if someone is responding in this thread they are not indicating that CCS needs to be fired. Some are getting all pissy about his response saying 9-2 was as success. It is not the correct coach speak answer they needed but it was an answer to the way the question was asked. If you ask him if finishing third in the conference was something that made him happy-- he would probably NOT say yes. But that was not the question-- regardless of how someone can twist the answer around with some rewording of the question.

No-- USF should not fire CCS. Not at all. Most of us think he would jump at the chance to move on to a P5 team. I can see Arkansas as a likely candidate. And if he does-- good for him-- it is the right move. Odds are pretty good USF will not get 9 or 10 wins next season. We are losing a ton of talent to graduation. Strong leaving USF is inevitable imo-- so the conversation is not that he should leave but who should we think about getting going forward when the CCS domino eventually falls (after the Chip Kelly domino starts the whole process as most think).

Anyone thinking CCS has not done a good enough job to remain head coach is delusional. They are also shortsighted in that if we fire him, we have to pay him. If he gets hired away-- someone pays USF whatever his buyout number might be (anyone have that number handy?). Considering our team will likely regress, at least in terms of total wins, hoiping someone comes along and picks up CCS before the that is just looking out for our bottom line. All the money we save having him picked up by another school can be used for the next guy we bring in and their assistants.

I regret that i have only one upvote to give you for this.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Yeah, suck it dude. We have nothing to show for this year. 

9-2.  What we have to show is jackasses like you.  

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

colleges clearly have more money than brains

these coaches are so overpaid it is ridiculous

you will soon see an antitrust lawsuit against ncaa/member schools/affiliated associations/apparel companies.The players(hired help) are getting royally screwed

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/25/2017 at 11:35 AM, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I have to wonder why Burke is still employed at this moment. Given the body of work for the season we don't need him for the bowl game. An immediate termination would send a signal that we demand results.

CCS is likely the most "good ol boy" network coach we've ever had. I pray he fires Burke, but realistically the best we'll get is a shuffling of responsibilities .

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

CCS is likely the most "good ol boy" network coach we've ever had. I pray he fires Burke, but realistically the best we'll get is a shuffling of responsibilities .

I get that. Just looking at Burke's history shows he'll be with CCS forever. But at least remove him from special teams.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

What knucklehead keeps bumping up week old threads??

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What knucklehead keeps bumping up week old threads??

You, and now me to remember you that you bumped this thread