• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF had this coming all season.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Gilbert killed this offense and Strong is too **** conservative. If we had played any decent teams this year we would have lost a few already. If Strong stays we are in a world of hurt when Flowers leaves. I wanted Strong...I'll admit I was wrong.

That said, we still control our destiny in the East. We should dominate the cupcakes up to UCF and the winner is in the championship.

The Peach is a possibility, but St. Pete is more likely.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Can't disagree with any of this right now.  Very level-headed statement.  Trying to stay that way as much as I can but I'm pretty disgusted now.  

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Bad Boy Mowers bowl should be exciting against fiu. Going to be a tough game. I hope we show up in droves. That would really get us some respect! I jest...our bowls suck.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314

We run draw play on 1st down 95% of the time. Not hard to gameplan against when you have talent.

Offense has been so vanilla. Matter of time before our wastefullness caught up to us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98

Good coaches don't play for overtime or carry all 3 of their timeouts to the end of the game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135

Just got home from the game. While watching this slowly go down the tubes, I remembered something Charlie Strong said during his opening press conference. He said something to the effect of slowing the offense down. At first I thought it was to help the defense out. Maybe to give them a chance to catch their breath. Now I know that it was so Sterling Gilbert wouldn't get overwhelmed.

This guy is not good at what he does. Looking at his resume I can't understand how he made it to Texas.

I would be surprised if anyone was giving Charlie Strong a serious look too.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Pretty true, hate to admit it, but pretty true

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

When you play not to lose...you usually lose. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

This coaching staff made a great offense into "their perception" of how things ought to be run. That was how they failed at Texas.

The D, we improved from last year (we are more aggressive), but we still disappear like we did last year and the year before. We didn't lose in the last minute; we lost in the second half.

Houston is an okay team. They aren't great. Oliver is great, but their team doesn't play great.

We've been a very average team this year. We got away with it because of a soft schedule.

This is not the same team that won the bowl game against South Carolina. And I'm not crushed by this defeat, because I knew we had offensive problems very early on. And I never trusted our D to win games for us. I love our guys but I never bought into the D being all that great.

With this kind of coaching, you'll need 5-star players at every position to go undefeated. Wait --they had that at Texas.

The players didn't lose this game; the coaching staff did.

Hey, 7-1 is still better than when Holtz was here. -------Yes, this is where I'm going now for comfort!

Edited by Flowers4Heisman