• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Critiquing Joey Knight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:
3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Simple question from a simple man, get over it.

Yes, it was a very simple question... 

Stop poking yer brother, both of you, or Imma paddle ya both.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

Joey Knight shouldn't be in anyone's cross-hairs since he's a proven friend to USF.

Yes, it would be nice if all breaking news came through our well-liked USF beat writer--but that's not the world we live in today and to think otherwise is flat-out wrong.

Twitter feeds, TBP forum posts...etc does not make it into printed news media that people in our community read on a daily basis. Right, what's that thing we need so badly, again? Isn't community buy-in on that list? Thought so.

Joey does what he can to advocate for USF Athletics and those efforts should not be disregarded, even when he's not the guy that breaks a story. Who cares anyway.

If anyone needs to be 'critiqued' and/or motives questioned...it should be Martin Fennelly and Tom Jones.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/twenty-years-ago-usf-sat-atop-college-football-almost/2341032

Edited by Dan C.
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, Dan C. said:

Joey does what he can to advocate for USF Athletics

If that were true, at the very least, he wouldn't bother with actual attendance numbers ...

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If that were true, at the very least, he wouldn't bother with actual attendance numbers ...

Only problem I have with the attendance reporting is that its not an apples to apples comparison when we are compared to Central Florida Clown College.

They regularly announce near capacity crowds that just don't compute from mid-game pictures. 

BTW, ask FSU fans how much they like Matt Baker? I recall him reporting  on many unpopular stories on FSU. 

The bottom line for me is that fans are embarrassed about attendance.  However, unlike recruiting and on the field decisions we can actually make a difference here by electing to attend games regardless of when they are played and not watch them on TV. I realize that I am preaching mostly to the choir here...but we had a legit 38K+ crowd last Saturday. Where did these folks come from? Its not like USF just suddenly started winning.

IMO, I get tired of the emphasis on attendance but it did create enough noise to get more fans to the game and most importantly....the negative publicity and bad images of an empty stadium for a 5-0 team made the administration greatly improve marketing/outreach efforts and lower prices to make games more accessible to fans....like they used to be when we were drawing 35-45K. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Our local newspaper writers, Fennelly and Jones, are habitually bad-mouthing a top 20, undefeated USF football team and you're worried about reported attendance figures that Joey didn't use?

Edited by Dan C.

12 minutes ago, Dan C. said:

Our local newspaper writers, Fennelly and Jones, are habitually bad-mouthing a top 10, undefeated USF football team and you're worried about reported attendance figures?

Fennelly and Jones are assclown columnists whose job it is too tweak people. That's not supposed to be part of a beat writer's job description ...

Edited by Triple B

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

2 hours ago, CyberBull said:

Only problem I have with the attendance reporting is that its not an apples to apples comparison when we are compared to Central Florida Clown College.

It's not apples to apples even when compared to 99.9% of the rest of college football ......

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

It's one thing to report the actual attendance numbers. It's another thing entirely to make it the centerpiece of your coverage for about a month, while the team is demolishing its opponents and climbing the rankings.

But either way, he'll say we shouldn't complain, because he's just "doing his job." This is the dynamic at play that rubs me the wrong way about JK.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

48 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

It's one thing to report the actual attendance numbers. It's another thing entirely to make it the centerpiece of your coverage for about a month, while the team is demolishing its opponents and climbing the rankings.

But either way, he'll say we shouldn't complain, because he's just "doing his job." This is the dynamic at play that rubs me the wrong way about JK.

I agree.

But, for the first time he admittedly is starting to feel the HEAT:

Joey Knight Retweeted Anthony Sr

Wouldn't say I "freak out," but yes, it wears on me from time to time. Actual fan turnout's a huge deal here. Not concerned w/rest of nation

Joey Knight added,

Anthony Sr @tampatony32
Replying to @jasonb56 @TBTimes_Bulls
There is no one else in the nation the reports actual ticket numbers.. that's why Joey freaks out everytime someone asks him about it